Our editors have carefully selected, used, and researched products reviewed on this post.
We will earn a token from Amazon on any purchase from you. This will be at no extra cost to you.
Looking for the answer to the question, can you use a regular blender instead of an immersion blender? Then you are in the right place because I am going to take my time to explain to you how to use a regular blender instead immersion blender and the reason why a lot of people choose to use a regular blender instead of an immersion blender.
Before I proceed to answer your question, I will want us to have a close look at what we mean by a regular and immersion blender. How different they are in operation, what are the things that make them different and how to use each of them for maximum efficiency in blending all your ingredients in the kitchen while making pestos, soups and smooth paste.
You can use either of the two blenders to achieve your blending aim in the kitchen without having to worry about efficiency but like every other equipment, different people prefer different ones for their blending needs.
So to say some people will want to use the regular blender while the others will prefer to use an immersion blender for their blending needs.
The important question becomes why do people prefer different blenders for different purposes when they can use the same blender to achieve different purposes.
For us to understand why we need to understand firstly what a regular blender looks like and what an immersion blender looks as well as understand the differences between the two of them.
Can I use a regular blender instead of an immersion blender? The answer to this question is YES you can use a regular blender instead of an immersion blender in making your salad dressings and salsas, mixing eggs and cream, making smoothies and making whipped creams
You can equally use the regular and immersion blenders interchangeably. You may not know this, but the truth is that you can lose control with the regular blender and end up with an over blended ingredient when all you needed was a chunky one. Whereas, with the immersion blender, it is very easy to aerate just by moving the blender up and down.
This will allow you to add air to the mixture and make creamy food that stimulates whipping, and this is why immersion features aerating blades.
The aerating blade is actually my favourite feature because with it you can easily make an ultra-low calorie whipped cream by just aerating a quarter cup of skimmed milk.
On the other hand, a regular blender is more efficient when you have tough jobs like making smoothies that requires that you break a block of ice into the smoothie
Truth is regular blenders can do the same thing as what immersion blenders do but they are most often needed for tough jobs
So, if you do not have immersion blenders in your home, do not worry, you can e.asily get to blend your smoothies and creams with the use of a regular blender.
Immersion blenders are very efficient in making soups and other ingredients even though they can be substituted with the regular blender.
Immersion blenders are often quite expensive but if you belong to the group of people who are always creating different recipes that require the use of an immersion blender then it is advisable that you get one.
The immersion blender is very popular with chefs who are always making different food recipes that require the use of a faster and simple blender for making soups and other ingredients without the need to transfer it to another container.
Since you already know all the characteristics as well as the differences between the immersion and regular blender, wouldn’t you at least want to add one of them to your list of kitchen appliances?
If you are looking to get yourself a good regular blender for your use then I have one or two regular blenders that I have used in the past and they gave me exactly what I was looking for in terms of efficiency, ease of use, ease of cleaning and power capacity.
What is an immersion blender?
The immersion blender has been used by people over the years for making Pestos, soups as well as for blending other ingredients needed for cooking.
An immersion blender can also be called a hand blender or a stick blender because it is designed in such a way that you can hold it with the hand while blending.
This is a kitchen handheld blender that blends ingredients or soups while they are in the container in which they are prepared.
It is made up of an electric motor system that drives rotating cutting blades that are at the end of the blender shaft and this blade can be immersed in the food that needs to blend.
The shaft of the blender for both home and light commercial use have an immersible length of 16 centimetres while heavy-duty immersion blenders have shafts that are up to 53 centimetres or even more.
The truth about immersion blender is that while using them you should apply adequate caution to avoid causing damage to any of your body parts like the fingers.
Is the immersion blender the same thing as a mixer?
NO, an immersion blender is not the same as a mixer.
Immersion blenders are distinguished from the mixer because the mixer is designed for mixing soups and other ingredients but does not chop the ingredients but the immersion blender mixes as well as chop the ingredients too.
If you use an immersion blender when you are supposed to use a mixer you are most likely to end up with the ingredients you supposed to only mix being chopped into tiny pieces or paste by the immersion blender.
So if you do not want to chop your ingredients then do not use an immersion blender instead use a mixer.
What is an Immersion Blender Used for?
Immersion blenders are very versatile in usage, I didn’t understand why a lot of people were going for immersion blenders instead of the regular ones until I was opportune to own one myself not only do they take up very little space in your kitchen but they can be used for a variety of blending purposes in the kitchen
Few of the things you can use immersion blenders to do are listed below;
- You can use immersion blenders for making smoothies and milkshakes
- It can also be used for beating eggs
- You can also use it for blending pancake batter
- It can be used for pureeing soup
- You can use it to make whipped cream
- Immersion blenders can be used to make up homemade mayonnaise
- It is used in making pesto sauce
- You can use the immersion blender to mix salad dressing
- It can be used for blending hummus
- It can also be used for pureeing tomato sauce
YOU SHOULD ALSO READ: How do I Use My Immersion Blender without Making a Mess?
Best Immersion Blender to Buy
If you are looking to buy immersion blender for your blending needs then keep your eyes on this space because I am going to be recommending the best immersion blenders out there in the market, this will help you to make the best choices of an immersion blender to buy.
If you are ready, let’s see the best immersion blender to buy for your blending purposes
Zz Pro Commercial Electric Big Stix Immersion Blender Hand Held
This heavy-duty immersion blender is made of quality stainless steel and plastic material and it is perfect for making soup, sauces, batters and all kinds of foods that need to be processed within a short time.
It is equipped with an anti-skid handle and a very comfortable button, the Slim housing could be easily held for safe and convenient operation. It is a very high-performance blender with the strong electric motor that turns up to 1-horsepower.
The rotating speed is adjustable and can reach up to 2000-14000 RPM.
It is a powerful hand blender that is perfect for preparing consistent sauces, emulsions, chopping food and other tasks.
- It comes with a comfortable handle and an ergonomic design that makes it easy to use
- It has a completely sealed 20-inch stainless steel shaft that can be removed easily and keep the user safe during cleaning
- The sharp stainless steel allows continuous operation without getting stuck
- It is easy to use
- The rotate speed can reach up to 2000-14000 RPM which makes it very efficient
- The sharp stainless steel allows for easy blending without the ingredients getting stuck
- It is made with quality heavy-duty stainless steel and plastics
It is a little expensive but worth every penny spent
- Do not immerse the motor unit of the blender in water
- The blades are sharp so careful when handling it
- Do not let go when the machine is working
Note: for the blender to work effectively you must press the safety switch and the ON button simultaneously.
Li Bai Heavy Duty commercial immersion blender
This blender is made of high-quality safety grade stainless steel whose blade can easily blend ingredients for shakes, soups, smoothies and so on.
It comes with 20-inch detachable stainless steel whipping paddle which is very easy to remove and clean. The rotating speed is adjustable from 2500RPM to 1500RPM and this makes your blending experience easier and more efficient.
It has an ergonomic design with soft silk-touch rubberized handle with simple push-button variable speed control.
- It has an ergonomic design
- The rotating speed is adjustable
- It is made with high-quality stainless steel
- It comes with 15-gallon capacity
- It has a completely sealed 20-inch stainless steel shaft that is easily removable
- The sharp stainless steel allows continuous hands-free operation without getting stuck
- The unique blades provide extremely smooth and even blending while its protective blade helps to prevent splattering
It is a little expensive
Directions for use
- Check that the ON-OFF button is in the released position
- Connect the appliance to the power supply
- Press and hold down the safety button
- Press the ON-OFF button and the blender will startup
- To stop the blender, release the ON-OFF button and then the safe button would release automatically.
What is a regular blender?
A regular blender is an appliance found either in the kitchen or laboratory and it is used for mixing, pureeing and emulsifying food and other substances.
The regular blender consists of the blender container with a rotating metal blade located at the bottom. It is powered by an electric motor that is located in the base.
Some powerful model of the regular blender can crush ice and other frozen foods.
Characteristics of a regular blender
The regular blender is known and can be identified with the following characteristics and this is the features that buyers often consider before they decide to buy the blender.
The characteristics are;
- There is always a large visible measurement mark
- Ease of use
- How noisy is the blender during usage
- Power consumption
- Cleaning ease
What are the uses of a regular blender?
The blender is always very important in the kitchen during cooking because you will definitely need it at one point or the order during cooking
The uses of the blender in the kitchen include;
- They are used to grind semi-solid ingredients like fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables into smooth purees
- They are used in blending ice cream, milk and sweet sauces to make milkshakes
- They are used in mixing and crushing ice for making cocktails
What are the differences between an immersion blender and a regular blender?
To a person who is not so conversant with the different types of blenders available in the market, the immersion blender and the regular blender could mean the same thing but of course, we know that the both of them are not the same thing.
An immersion blender is often referred to as a stick or hand blender and it is designed to be handheld and you can blend your ingredients right in the container in which they are being prepared.
The major differences between the immersion blender and the regular blender are listed below.
- The immersion blender is handheld while the regular blender cannot be held in the hand during blending
- The immersion blender can be used to blend to a smaller quantity of food or ingredients than the regular blender
- The immersion blender is a very handy kitchen tool compared to the regular blender
- The regular blender occupies more space in the kitchen but the immersion blender occupies less space
The regular blenders I have used are what I am about to recommend to you, read through the features carefully and make your choice of a regular blender to purchase.
Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional Grade Self- Cleaning 64 oz container
This blender was the best regular blender I have used so far in blending ingredients and soups because it comes with all the features you may ever need to boost your efficiency in the kitchen.
The blender has a variable speed control which made it possible to easily adjust the speed to achieve a variety of textures. The speed button can be adjusted at any point during blending so you are perfectly in control.
The blades in the Vitamix container has a speed that is fast enough to create friction heat bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes. The hardened stainless blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients so from the first blend to the last you will get the same result.
With just a drop of dish soap and warm water, the Vitamix blender can clean itself in just 30-60 seconds.
- It is self-cleaning with just a drop of dish soap and warm water the blender cleans itself in 60 seconds
- The blades are made with hardened stainless steel.
- It has a radial cooling fan and a thermal protection system
- It comes with a specially designed tamper
- The self-cleaning feature helps you to maintain appropriate hygiene in the kitchen
- The variable speed and high power allows you to be in control of the whole blending process
- The sizes of the 64-ounce container are ideal for blending everything from a single smoothie to a family-sized batch of hot soup
- The laser blades are designed to deliver the same quality results from the first blend to the last one and are resistant to dulling and bending
- It is quite expensive
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with Four Side Jar
This blender is very ideal for professional use but of course, you can equally use it at home for a very efficient blending process in the home.
It comes with a stainless steel forged blades with wings for amazingly smooth blends. It has the self-cleaning features that allow the jar to clean itself in less than 1 minute just by adding a little soap and warm water. It comes with six pre-programmed buttons and you can equally the variable speeds to get any job of blending ingredients done within a short period of time.
The blender can make hot soup just with the power of friction all you need do is add all the cold fresh ingredients and start blending within a few minutes you will enjoy hot and ready to eat soup.
- It comes with easy blending cycles, 1 touch button, 6 pre-programmed cycles, pulse and 10-speed manual controls
- It has the ability to achieve a variety of textures
- The blade is made with forged stainless steel
- The blade is not sharp
- BPA free four sized jars is a 75-ounce volume jar with a 32-ounce blending capacity
- 120 volts ratings, 1560 Watts and 50-60 Hz frequency
- It is easy to use
- It is easy to clean and hence helps in maintaining proper hygiene in the kitchen
- It is versatile in blending
- The blending power is high and thus it provides more capacity
- It is durable
- It is made with high-quality material especially the blades that are made with forged stainless steel
- It is quite expensive
- It is a little noisy during use
I am pretty convinced that I have answered your question, can you use a regular blender instead of an immersion blender? And have also succeeded in recommending the best blenders in the market to you.
Now the ball is in your court, do you have any more questions please do well to drop them in the comment section.