Our editors have carefully selected, used, and researched products reviewed on this post.
We will earn a token from Amazon on any purchase from you. This will be at no extra cost to you.
Maybe you are preparing to make your dosa batter at home and the question, can we grind dosa batter in a food processor? pops up in your mind because maybe the food processor is the only equipment you could see in your kitchen that can be able to grind your batter.
Then you want to really know if it is okay to use your food processor to make dosa batter because one mind keeps saying to use it while the other thinks that it is not right to use a food processor to make dosa batter.
Confusion sets in and the only place to clear it is the internet and that is exactly how you ended up reading this article right here.
In this article, I have taken great care and effort to answer the question that has kept you wondering whether you can use the food processor to make dosa batter.
You will find the answer you seek if you keep on reading further as well as get to find out the best food processors you can use to make a great and perfect barter.
Dosa is a special breakfast eaten by south Indians which is eaten in small pieces dipped into sambar and coconut chutney to achieve an added spice and other nutrients.
Dosa batter is made with medium-grain rice, whole urad lentils, salt and vegetable oil. The preparation time needed in making dosa is about 8-10 hours because it needs a whole lot of time to achieve fermentation.
While the cooking time is about 5 mins because after the fermentation process it is now more simple to go ahead and prepare your dosa batter.
Can We Grind Dosa Batter In A Food Processor?
To answer your question, can we grind dosa batter in a food processor? You need to understand that the kitchen equipment you need to grind your dosa batter is a very important aspect of making the best dosa batter ever.
The best instrument used for grinding dosa batter is Stone wet grinder because the stone used in making the grinder allows it to perfectly grind your dosa batter to smoothness.
But if the food processor is the only instrument insight then you can use it to grind your dosa batter so the answer to your question is YES you can grind you dosa batter in the food processor but to do this you need a heavy-duty food processor to make your dosa batter from scratch.
This is because food processors were not originally designed to make dosa batters so if you must use them it is important to know that you are compromising so get a heavy-duty food processor to achieve the best results.
Best Heavy-Duty Food Processors To Make Dosa Batter
I have taken great efforts and research to get you a list of the best heavy-duty food processors in the market that will help you to properly and efficiently grind your dosa batter to perfection.
This article will take away the stress of going around looking for the best food processors from you because we have already done that for you so all you need to do is read the features as well as the specifications and then carefully make your choice.
If you have decided to invest on getting a heavy-duty food processor for you dosa batter then here is a list for you to make your choice from without much stress of going back and forth.
Read more: Can We Grind Rice In A Food Processor?
Kitchen Aid KFP1466ER 14 Cups Food Processor With Exact Slice System and Dicing Kit
It is made with an externally adjustable ExactSlice System that features optimized speeds and an external lever that allows you to go from thick to thin with one slide of the lever.
It is also made with high, low and pulse speed options that allow you to precisely and properly handle soft or hard ingredients with just the touch of a button.
It includes 14 cup work bowl, 4 cup work bowl, lid with feed tube, lid without feed tube, adjustable slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, multipurpose blade, multipurpose blade for 4-cup work bowl, dough blade, dicing kit, clean out tool and storage kit.
All these extra tools will make your grinding process very efficient and easy without difficulties.
- ExactSlice system
- ultraTight seal
- high, low and pulse speed options
- 2 in 1 feed tube
- Mini bowl and mini blade
- Polycarbonate plastic
- Commercial style dicing kit
- The ultra-tight feature is a specially designed locking system with leak-resistant ring that allows you to fill the work bowl to capacity with ingredients without worrying about making a mess
- High, low and pulse speed options allow you to precisely and properly handle soft or hard ingredients with just the touch of a button.
- The ExactSlice system features organized speeds and an external lever that allows you to go from thick to thin with one slide of the lever.
- The 2 in 1 feed tube lets you see either the large or narrower opening during continuous slicing or shredding depending on the size of the ingredients.
- It is very easy to clean
- It is easy to use and durable
- It is quite expensive
All-Clad HP503152 Prep and Cook Food Processor
It has a digital push-button control panel that ensures intuitive use. The durable stainless steel bowl and lid with steam control helps to control steam.
The 6 automatic programs provide a foolproof result for a wide range of favourites. It is also designed with large handles for securing bowl in place and easy lifting.
- Adjustable settings
- Automatic programs
- Multiple accessories
- Unique designs
- Automatic programs
- The adjustable settings make it easier for you to adjust the time, temperature, speed plus pulse and turbo for perfect control when creating your recipes
- It includes 5 unique tools in a display case and a stainless steam basket to tackle every task
- The 6 automatic programs guarantee a perfect result at the touch of a button
- It comes with a recipe book with 300 recipes for over 1MM menu options
- There is a large waterproof control panel to easily select a program or set manual settings
- It is easy to use and clean
- The unique large handles ensure that you can easily place and remove the bowl.
It is quite expensive but with wonderful features
Drop the questions in the comment section.
I will be there to attend to all your questions.