Many people have always wondered and asked the question, how to use a blender to puree baby food?
If you have ever asked that question then I am about to give you all the details and answers you may need to learn how to puree your baby food using a blender.
A long time ago when I had to take care of my sisters’ baby, I found it so hard learning how I could use the blender at home to puree the food I was to feed the baby.
I couldn’t wrap my head around the exact method I could have employed to achieve the best results I needed so I always see myself struggling in the kitchen to puree the baby food.
Not until one day I decided that no matter what I was going to get it right that day so I put in a lot of efforts and that was how I got to learn the exact method of using a blender to puree baby food that I will be teaching you in this article.
So, if you are really interested in learning, how to use a blender to puree baby food then you must keep your eye on the screen and keep scrolling while digesting all the information.
Before I proceed to answer your questions, I will like us to, first of all, come to an understanding of some terms we are going to be seeing frequently in the article.
Table of Contents
What Does it Mean to Puree Baby food?
To puree baby food is simply the act of using your blender or mixer to blend your baby’s food to a smoother texture so that the baby can be able to swallow the food.
This is always done at the time of weaning the baby and switching them over to solid food, but before they can start eating solid food entirely they will need to start off on a semi-solid food first.
The best way to achieve this semi-solid food texture is by using a blender to blend the food while adding either water or another liquid formula in the food.
Pureeing is very important because it makes it easy for your baby to be able to swallow their food more comfortably without you struggling so hard to force them to chew their food.
So instead of chewing which is rather difficult for babies at this stage, they can just swallow their food and it will be much easier because the food will be in semi-solid form.
Which is the Best Blender for Pureeing Baby Food: Immersion or Regular blender?
A lot of people have wondered which blender is the best choice when it comes to pureeing baby food, whether the immersion blender or the regular one will do a perfect job.
The truth is that both the immersion blender and the regular blender are extremely useful when it comes to pureeing baby food so it all now depends on your choice as the person that will be doing the pureeing.
Do you prefer to use the immersion blender or the regular blender, which among the two of them do you find more comfortable to use and easier to operate?
Answering this question will enable you to make the right choice of a blender to use in pureeing your baby’s food more efficiently and faster.
Personally, I prefer to use the regular blender instead of the immersion blender this is because I had a little bit of bad experience when I tried to use the immersion blender for the first time.
At that time, I had no experience in using it for I experienced a terrible splatter of the ingredients I was blending which ruined my perfectly ironed white shirt and ruined my day.
Although I later learnt how to use an immersion blender correctly, that experience has always made me choose a regular blender over an immersion blender.
With a regular blender, I just put all my ingredients and cover it up so I do not have to worry about any splatter on my clothes or the kitchen.
Before deciding to use a blender to make your puree your baby’s food, you must also decide the type of blender you want to use in making the puree.
This will help you to make a better choice and get your job done more easily and efficiently.
Tips on Using A Blender to Puree Baby Food
Below are the simple tips you should follow when you want to use your blender to puree your baby food to ensure an easy and efficient pureeing;
Start with Small Batches
Because you may be preparing a good quantity of baby food to last you for a couple of weeks. You need to make the baby’s food in small batches as this will enable you to get the best out of your blender and not splatter the baby food around the whole environment.
Go for soft foods
You need to concentrate more on using your blender to puree soft food that the baby can easily swallow, instead of going for foods that are very difficult to blend using the blender.
Not only will it affect the efficiency of your blend but it will be a little difficult for your baby to swallow them.
For instance, you will agree with me that it will be easier for you to blend banana or avocado compared to when you try to blend coconut.
Blending banana and avocado will take less time and will be easier for your baby to swallow them.
Keep it simple
When you are pureeing your baby food using a blender it is very important that you keep it simple. Do not try to add all the ingredients you can think of in one baby food. Just make sure you keep it simple that way it will be easier for you and your baby.
Prepare a day ahead
Making your baby’s food is a serious and important task so you need to prepare thoroughly a day ahead. You can prepare all the ingredients you need and make sure you are ready before the day you will be making the actual baby food.
How to Use A Blender to Puree Baby Food
Now that we have succeeded in explaining other things involved in pureeing baby food, it is time to answer the particular question which is why I am writing this article.
The question is, how to use a blender to puree baby food? When you read further you are going to find the answer to your question on how you can use a blender to puree baby food.
Using a blender to puree your baby food is the best thing to do because it is actually very easy and more efficient to use a blender instead of doing it manually like using a mortar and pestle to puree baby food.
To use a blender to puree baby food you must be able to follow the simple but important steps I will list below, it will help you to puree your baby food in a way you have not done in a while.
- The first step to using a blender to puree baby food is to choose the first ingredient (peas, pear, carrots). If the first ingredient is a vegetable then you must steam it before blending
- Add the second ingredient to the blender, the second ingredient can be water, baby formula or breast milk. if you are adding formula do not add it in powdered form.
- Now turn on the blender and blend until you achieve your desired consistency
Best Blenders for Pureeing Baby Food
Now that we are through with answering your question, how to use a blender to puree baby food? Have you learned one or two things on the best way to use your blender to puree baby food if you have one?
If you don’t have a blender yet and you are looking to use a blender to puree your baby food, then don’t you think that it is time you got yourself a blender.
I was pretty sure you are going to need a blender soon after reading this article, and that’s why I decided to take the stress of looking for the best blender to buy away from you, and recommend the best blenders out there in the market for you to choose from.
So, if you are looking to buy yourself a blender, then all you need to do is sit back and read all the features and specifications of the blenders I will list here then just make your choice and place your order right away.
Easy right? Yeah Here comes the list of the best blenders for pureeing your baby food.
Breville the Super Q Blender
This blender is specifically designed to easily and efficiently help you blend your smoothies, soups, frozen desserts and as well as puree your baby food.
The blender comes with a powerful with about 1800Watts power and a personal blender attachment as well as noise suppression attachment that help suppress the noise from your blender during the blending process.
The Super Q blender improves versatility and delivers an advanced texture optimization for a smoother and softer texture of your pureed baby food.
It offers you 12-speed settings and 5 one-touch programs. The blender comes with an additional blade system to mix food and other ingredients into a personal blender cup.
It equally features an intelligent base that automatically recognizes the vessel and optimizes performance whether you use the 68-ounce jug or the personal blending 24-ounce on the go cup.
- It features a brushed stainless steel
- It also comes with a 12- speed settings
- It has 5 one-touch programs
- It comes with personal blender attachments with 24-ounce on the go cup
- The package also comes with a recipe book, spatula and tamper
- The brushed stainless-steel blade is very effective in perfectly blending all ingredients as well as pureeing your baby food
- The package comes with a spatula and tamper which helps you to properly blend your ingredients
- The plastic use on the blender is BPA and this is really good for your health
- The motor is highly powerful and this makes the blender a powerhouse that offers maximum efficiency during the blending of your ingredients or pureeing
It is a little bit on the expensive side but worth every penny you will spend on it. CHECK THE PRICE HERE.
Wolf Gourmet Pro-Performance Blender,64 oz Jar 4 program settings
The Wolf Gourmet blender is a very powerful blender with high speed and powerful performance.
It has a 2.2 peak horsepower motor that propels the blender blades to speeds of over 200 miles per hour making it able to deliver an ultra-responsive blending experience.
To reduce the noise from the blender the motor is optimized for a quieter blending experience.
The four pre-programmed settings- smoothie, puree, soup and ice crush provides consistent professional blender results and walk-away convenience.
The shatterproof BPA free Tritan co-polyester jar holds 64 ounces large enough to whip up smoothies or purees in a large quantity
The infinitely variable speed dial gives you the control to blend ingredients to your exact preference
- It has 4 program settings for consistent and walk-away convenience
- Infinitely variable speeds
- It has a manual operation for total control
- 64 oz Tritan jar with emulsion cup for incorporating oil into closings and sauces
- Classic stainless steel
- The 2.2 peak HP motor propels the blades to speeds over 200mph delivering an ultra-responsive blending experience as you change speeds and superior results for all types of food
- Four pre-programmed settings-soup, smoothie, puree, and ice crush provides walk-away convenience
- Infinitely variable speed control lets you blend ingredients to your exact preference
- The shatterproof BPA free Tritan co-polyester jar is a full 64 ounces capacity large enough to whip up smoothies and purees in a large quantity
- The all-metal drive coupling provides exceptional durability and supports 200mph blade rotation
- The classic stainless-steel blade made in the USA are hardened for durability
It is quite expensive
JAWZ High-Performance Blender- Precision Touch Variable Speed
The JAWZ blender is a high-performance blender because it is a commercial-grade blender with 3.5 peak horsepower. It can handle fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables with ease.
It is powerful enough to turn grains into flour and nuts into nut milk.
This blender features variable speed control with 10-speed settings for a smoothie, ice crushing and cleaning plus a pulse function.
The stainless steel blade is designed to limit aeration and engineered for extra-strong ice-crushing capabilities. The durable 64-ounce Tritan blending jar features a soft-grip handle and 1.5-ounce measuring cap.
The powerful JAWZ blender incorporates wellness into your everyday routine in an extremely simple way.
This JAWZ blender is a powerful kitchen tool that can replace several appliances on your counter allowing you to be truly productive with your produce.
- 5 heavy-duty horsepower motor that can crush ice to snow with ease
- Variable speed control
- It is made with a high-quality stainless steel blade
- Durable 64-ounce Tritan blending jar
- 5-ounce measuring cap
- The heavy-duty horsepower motor enables the blender to perform efficiently and can even crush ice to snow with so much ease
- The 64 ounce Tritan blending jar ensures that you can use the blender for blending larger quantity of ingredients and smoothies
- The variable speed control ensures that you are in total control of the blending process
- The stainless steel blade makes the blender suitable for all kinds of blending job
- It is durable
- It is easy to clean after use
- It is a little expensive
- It does not come with an extra blending jar
Breville the Q BBL820SHY1BUS1 Commercial Grade 1800-Watt Quick Super Blender
The Breville Blender is a commercial-grade 1800-Watt motor that has the capacity to create lighter and smoother textures. It has 5-speed settings plus 4 one-touch programs.
It comes with a 68-ounce blending jug and lid the are dishwasher safe. The one-touch programs feature optimize time/speed to produce the tastiest results.
You can use this blender to make smoother green smoothies and silkier dairy smoothies thanks to the smoothie program. It further allows you to turn ice into snow with the pulse/ ice crush or get faster cold-to-hot soups easily with the soup program.
- Commercial grade blender
- Different speed settings
- Powerful 1800 watts motor
- 186mph blade tip speed under load for quick results
- One-touch program feature
- Pulse/ ice crush feature
- High-quality tamper resistance plastic jar
- This blender is a commercial-grade blender hence it is very efficient for all your blending needs
- The different speed settings allow you to be in control of the speed of the blending process
- The 1800 watts powerful motor drives the blades to achieve the best results
- The ice crush feature ensures that this blender crushes ice into stone without any difficulty
- The high quality plastic jar is tamper resistant so you don’t have to worry even if it falls to the ground.
It is quite expensive
I am pretty sure I have succeeded in answering your question, how to use a blender to puree baby food? And have also ended up recommending to you the best blenders out there in the market that you can use to puree your baby food most efficiently, easily and faster. So, all you have to do now is carefully read through all the features as well as the pros and cons and then make your choice.
Easy right? YES of course!
Do you have any more question about using your blender to puree baby food? then drop them in the comment section and get the answer straight away.