Food processors are very versatile and it is a very useful kitchen appliance to own. You might not have the time to chop your vegetables, slice, shred, grind, or even puree your food by hand, a food processor assists you in those areas.
There is even some type of food processors that assist you in kneading bread dough, grinding meats, and much more.
Even if you are not a professional cook in any way or an amateur, the food processors chop and cut your vegetables and food in a very professional way making your dishes appear professional.
Table of Contents
|Name of Food Processor||Image||Where to Buy|
|Breville Pro Food Processor||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Hamilton Beach||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Cuisinart DFP 14BCNY||BUY ON AMAZON|
We have already established that they are a wide range of vegetables and foods you can chop with the food processor.
You would be amazed by the things this appliance can do. Take the food processor as your prep cook or even assistant cook depending on the food.
Purchasing the best food processor with the best blades that will suit your needs is very vital. Before we talk about the food processors, take a look at some different types of vegetables that can be chopped worth the food processor.
Different types of vegetables which can be chopped using a food processor
Below are the vegetables that can be chopped with a food processor, I will try and talk about a lot of them but keep in mind that it is not possible to list all of them.
- Different types of green leafy vegetables like kale and much more. These vegetables are chopped well with the slicing blade because they are firm
- Potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, apples, carrots, beets, zucchini, cucumbers, celery, etc. Keep in mind with these vegetables, you should consider the feed tubes of the food processors and choose the appropriate size. there are a lot of food processors that come with large and small feed tubes
- Cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, radishes, sweet peas, cheese
- Nuts( put the food processor to a pulse mode to get it into small pieces and avoid the nuts turning to butter ), meat, and sausages(for a fine shred, freeze the meats before chopping)
- Tomatoes, plums, and other soft fruit ( they can be chopped using soft pulses on the food processor so the ingredients will not turn a pulp
- Garlic cloves and ginger
- Knead bread dough( combine the ingredients and allow it to run until dough ridges form along with the blades then take it out and knead it for some seconds then let it rise and bake)
- Tear bread crumbs
- Puree different fruits and vegetables like pawpaw, tomatoes, etc
- Butternut, squash, pears, fennel
Top food processors for chopping vegetables – Detailed Review
Mueller Ultra Prep Food Processor
The Mueller UltraPrep Food Processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that can handle all your basic chopping, blending, and whisking needs.
It is versatile enough to make a variety of simple meals, such as pureeing, mixing, and whisking. It’s also great for making quick and easy sauces and dips.
This food processor can turn any type of food into an excellent source of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. It can also make a variety of sauces.
The Mini Food Processor is equipped with dual-rotation technology that allows it to perform all of your food processing needs in less than 30 seconds. The dual-rotation feature allows you to chop or whip ingredients as finely as you like.
Non-slip feet make this food processor ideal for use in the kitchen.
The bonus food limiter attachment is also useful to keep smaller ingredients compact. When done, simply grab the extra-wide grip and easily pour out your ingredients.
The clean-up is as quick as chopping with this versatile food chopper. It features a built-in fork and removable parts that are easy to remove.
The capacity of this blade is enough for up to 2 people. It is very fast and consistently chopping. It has a reverse blade attachment that allows one to get a larger blade.
This is a great device for anyone wanting to cook or just looking for a simple and fast processor. It is super easy to use and clean. This is a simple device that has plenty to offer. Plus, the affordability is an added advantage.
- Versatile Kitchen Tool
- Food Prep In Seconds
- Safe And Practical
- Convenient Cleaning
- The bowl and top are not heavy plastic material like some other large food processor so you want to be cautious to avoid dropping it as it could crack easily.
Hamilton Beach 10 cup food processor
You have to let yourself spend more than enjoying the meal than wasting time precutting your ingredients.
This Hamilton beach bowl food processor makes room for both large and small ingredients. This food processor was clearly designed with the intent of making your life better.
For most food processors, when chopping the foods, food may lodge at the side of the bowl.
The food processor is working and you may need to stop it and take out the lid to scrape out the food but with the Hamilton beach bowl food processor, the inbuilt scraper takes care of that and does the work for you even with the food processor on.
A little tip when using the food processor is to start with food pieces that are similar in size to get a uniform consistency.
Leave some room in the bowl when chopping food to allow for the tossing of food and also use the pulse button on and off when operating it for the best results.
This food processor can shred, sliced, or chopped in seconds and all the removable parts of the food processor are dishwasher safe (put them on the top rack)
Details and features
- Has a bowl scrape attachment
This attachment saves you time especially when pureeing, it scrapes down the side of the bowl and this can be done while the processor is either on or off
- Large feed tube
This food processor has a 10 cup capacity volume and can handle large volumes of foods without you having to empty it, with its very large feed tube that can also contain large food making processing quick and saving time.
- Reversible shredding/slicing disc excellent for chopping and shredding vegetables
The slicing disc can be used facing up to slice vegetables like carrots, radishes, apples, mushrooms, tomatoes.
Pepper and more while the shredding disc can be used to shred potatoes, cheese, cabbages, etc. the blades are versatile and can be used for chopping, mixing, mincing, pureeing, grating, etc
- High and low-speed pulse giving you the complete control
- The blades, bowl, and lids are dishwasher safe and all the parts are BPA free
- Product Dimension; 10.25*8.43*15.47 inches
- Item weight; 4.7 pounds
- Pulse function; yes
- Included attachments; bowl scraper, reversible shred, and slice disc, and stainless steel s blade
- Good bargain for the price
- Well built-in scraper
- Easy to clean up
- No seal on the lid
Cuisinart DFP 14BCNY 14 cup food processor
When it comes to quality, style, and performance, one of the most trusted names in Cuisinart.
This food processor is capable of holding whole vegetables and fruits with its extra-large feed tube.
The Cuisinart 14 cup food processor has a 4mm medium slicing disc that is made of stainless steel, a shredding disc, chopping blades/ mixing blades.
A spatula and a recipe book are included. It is advisable to check your user’s manual when setting up this food processor for a good and proper setup.
Details and features
- Large 14 cup bowl with a very large feeding tube (small and large pushers). This large capacity helps speed up cooking in the kitchen. its large capacity can accommodate a bunch to fit inside reducing pre cutting and this makes cooking quick and labor-saving giving you more time to enjoy your meal with family or friends
- Powerful 720-watt motor. the maximum power of the heavy-duty motor makes the preparation of ingredients very fast and efficient
- Durable and consistent. This food processor gives a precise professional result and it is really durable. the blades are made of stainless steel
- It is really versatile and has 7 food prep functions. From chopping to slicing, shredding, kneading, emulsifying, mixing, pureeing. note that the shredding and slicing blades are really not adjustable
- Single-touch operation. Has an on, off, and pulse control that works with a single touch. The parts are dishwasher safe and they are BPA free
- Product Dimension; 11*7.*14.8 inches
- Item weight; 18 pounds
- Pulse function; yes
- Included attachments; 4mm medium shredding disc, stainless steel mixing blade, chopping blade, spatula, recipe book
- Has large and small feed tubes
- Has a precise shred
- This food processor Cannot really handle bread dough and other dough
Breville BFP8OOXL Sous chef 16 pro food processor
This food processor has a unique design that solves the problem of consistently cutting different ingredients into their optimal size pieces.
This is achieved by the wide feed chute that makes it a possibility to slice different vegetables of all sizes and shapes.
The numerous blades and disc also make it possible to achieve a perfect result whichever way you slice the ingredient.
When buying a food processor, you have in mind that is supposed to make food preparation fast and easier and not more frustrating.
The wide feed chute of this food processor lessens the need to precut most vegetables and fruits.
A set of eight-disc and blades is included with the food processor for numerous prep options and they are all put in really convenient accessory storage.
The slicing discs have a variable setting and can be set to 24 different slicing settings and this lets you be able to customize the thickness and thinness of your slice.
A French fry cutter disc, julienne disc, a whisking disc, reversible shredding disc are included in the discs set while the blades are, a dough blade, universal blade, mini blade for a min bowl.
Two bowls, a large 16 cup processing bowl, and a mini-cup processing bowl are included in the food processor making it convenient for you to process ingredients no matter the size.
Blend up large quantities of ingredients like dough with the large bowl and chop nuts and other small things with the mini bowl.
Details and features
- Contains a small food pusher. For added control of smaller ingredients and it can also be used as a measuring cup for putting ingredients
- Also contains a large food pusher that is used to push food down the feed chute. Keep in mind that the food processor would not start unless the large pusher is securely in place
- Has a safety system with a feed chute. This makes sure that the motor would not operate unless the bowl, lid, and large food pusher are correctly put in the position
- Has a wide feed chute that makes the passage of large ingredients smooth without having to cut them
- Chances of leakage are reduced with the silicone seal
- Contains a count up and down timer with an LCD display that you can set to your desired time and it counts till the time has reached
- Has a solid die-cast metal base with a direct drive motor
- The non-skid rubber feet are there for added safety braking
- The parts that come in contact with food are all BPA free
- Product Dimension; 12.2*12.9*6.5 inches
- Item weight; 26 pounds
- Pulse function; no
- Included attachments; five multifunctional discs, three different blades, two bowls of different sizes
- It is really versatile and does the task
- Has a count up and down timer
- Very pricey for the product
- It is not dishwasher safe
Kitchenaid KFPO718OB Easy store food processor
This food processor with its very innovative design makes bowl assembly very easy. It is also extremely easy to clean and store and the blades fit inside the food processor making for easy storage.
Details and features
- The reversible medium slicing/ shredding disc is ideal for chopping, pureeing, shredding, and slicing so many ingredients and it also has a multipurpose blade.
- Just click then twist the bowl and it will be assembled with a latched lid for a smooth setup
- It is leak resistant when sealed, very easy to clean and the bowl and lid are all dishwasher safe
- Has a high low and pulse speed control button. these controls are LED illuminated making the operation simple
- The compact design and convenient cord wrap makes it very easy to store
- Product Dimension; 16.1*13.3*9.9 inches
- Item weight; 8.38 pounds
- Pulse function; yes
- Included attachments; reversible slice/shred blade, multipurpose blade
- Easy to clean
- Fits in counter neatly
- Weak motor
- It is noisy
Cuisinart DLC 2ABC mini prep plus food processor
This is the perfect mini processor for you. This food processor takes up minimum counter space and it works hard and fast to achieve any small job with ease.
It is advised to cut larger pieces of food into smaller pieces when using this food processor and also keep in mind no to overload the 3 cup blade.
Occasionally as you process with this food processor, food my stick to the side of the bowl, just turn it off and scrap. It is dishwasher safe when washed on the top rack.
Details and features
- Chop and grind your ingredients at the touch of a button. It is not recommended to grind beans as it will chop it rather than grind
- The blades are stainless steel and are very sharp and have blunt edges
- A spatula, recipe book/ instructions are included
- It has an auto reversible blade giving two powerful options
- It is BPA free and has a limited 18-month warranty
- Handles tasks like chopping, grinding, pureeing, emulsifying, blending
- Product Dimension; 9.25*7*5 inches
- Item weight; 3 pounds
- Pulse function; yes
- Included attachments; spatula, recipe book/instruction
- Grinds bread crumbs, dried herbs, peppers, etc.
- Chops onions, tomatoes, etc.
- Ideal for small task
- Size is too small and not powerful enough for grinding things like coffee, rice, etc
- Too noisy and Only two options ( grind or chop)
What to consider before/while choosing food processors
Before choosing a food processor that will be ideal for you, these are the things that should be considered
Look out for the best bowl capacity to suit you. If you cook large meals, then you would want to go for a larger sized bowl but if you mostly just cook for a few persons, then you can proceed to pick a smaller one
Best blades are made out of stainless steel and a good food processor should have different types of blades for different tasks
For things like chopping and cutting, this does not require too much power but if you will be kneading bread dough then you would want to purchase one with high power.
Purchase one with a power that will accomplish the tasks you have in mind for the food processors
Be certain of the different blades and discs in a food processor so you would not be disappointed later and find out that the one you purchased cannot perform a specific task
Find one that has a longer warranty and will last more than a year
Some food processor is not dishwasher safe so be sure to check that before purchasing
The tight lid and feeding tube
Be certain that the lid closes tightly and properly and also an ideal feeding tube should be wide enough to accommodate your ingredients and not require you to always pre-cut them.
Decide on a price range you want to go for and can afford and look for the best in that range.