Our editors have carefully selected, used, and researched products reviewed on this post.
We will earn a token from Amazon on any purchase from you. This will be at no extra cost to you.
Looking for the Best Food Processor for Making Pizza Dough? We have you covered here. Jump right in and check out what we have reviewed for you.
Food processors are known for their multipurpose duty. Today, I am going to take us through the best food processors for making pizza dough.
Food processors are the food processing machines every household or restaurant should own because they make your food quick and more delicious.
We are going to be looking at the possibility of making dough in a food processor. Not only that, but we will also review the top food processors you can use to make your pizza dough.
What Is Dough?
Let us give a quick description of the meaning of dough. The dough is a mixture of flour and liquid with other ingredients such as shortening sugar, salt, eggs, and various flavouring ingredients to bake fast foods.
If you know batter, it is a similar mixture to the dough.
Can You Make Dough in Food Processor
You can make any kind of dough in a food processor in less than 5 minutes from the beginning to the end.
There is a greater chance that the dough will rise faster, and it will also be a bit warm after kneading.
Quick Recommendations of the top food processor for making pizza dough
|Name of Product||Where to Get it|
|Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY||Check on Amazon|
|KitchenAid KFP1466CU||Check on Amazon|
|Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef||Check on Amazon|
A detailed review of the best food processors for making pizza dough
Cuisinart 088 Food Processor, 7_cup, White
Cuisinart products are always reliable. This very product will serve your purpose for a very long time.
The product is carefully made and has a lot of fantastic features that make it an outstanding and durable product.
Here are the powerful features of this processor
- It comes with a medium slicing disc of 4 mm, shredding disc, and new stainless steel blade for chopping food items.
- It has small and large pushers, detachable disc stem book, compact flat cover, spatula, and recipe.
- It is made of Extra-large feed tube that holds whole fruits and vegetables besides having BPA-free and dishwasher-safe parts.
- It is made to be powerful enough to knead dough effortlessly, easy to use and clean.
- It is a product with five years guarantee, three years limited entire warranty and MC Cubic Feet 2.04.
- The included components are: stainless steel chopping blade
- The medium 4mm slicing disc
- Shredding disc
- Small and large pushers
- Detachable disc stem
- Compact flat cover
- Recipe book
It kneads dough with ease
It can be easily cleaned
It is an ideal product you should have in your kitchen. It will go a long way to help process your food as you wish.
It has always been one of the best products in the market you should try and get.
Cuisinart DFP-14BCWNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel, White
Cuisinart food processor is a machine known for its reputable performance and as such will do a wonderful job when it comes to handling pizza dough.
The reason is that it is capable and can help you manage your food ingredients as you actually desired.
- It is made of an extra-large feed tube that can hold food items such as fruits and vegetables.
- It has 14 cups work bowl, 4mm stainless steel medium slicing disc, stainless steel shredding disc and chopping and mixing blade.
- It has spatula and recipe book, and 14 cup bowl with handle.
- It is a heavy-duty machine with 720 watt motor with work bowl cover with an extra-large feed tube.
- It can dice mushrooms & onions, shredded cheese, and sliced strawberries, apples, & tomatoes. all will be done beautifully without damaging your food items in the process.
It is an effective machine to use.
It is a very reliable machine.
The 13 cups model seems to hold more liquid than this one.
The blade at a time comes off.
It is a durable food processor especially the stainless steel blade will last long and also cut, shred and slice your food items properly.
It is a machine you should have in your home. It is a machine with a lot of good customer reviews.
KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor
This is an elegant food processor that can help make your pizza dough very easy. It has some powerful features you don’t want to miss at all and here I have already listed them:
- It is an industry’s first hands-free commercial-style dicing enabled machine that can slice, and then dice with ease.
- It is made of processing feed tube of medium size.
- It is made of externally adjustable exact-system features optimized speeds, and also an external lever that allows you to perform thick and thin with one slide of the lever.
- It is made of high, low, and pulse features that enable you to properly handle both soft and hard ingredients with just a touch of a button.
- It has 2 in 1 feed tube that allows you to work with either the large or narrow opening while the machine does the continuous slicing or shredding based on the size of the ingredients.
- This very model comes with the following part: 14-Cup Work Bowl, 4-Cup Work Bowl, Lid with Feed Tube, Lid without Feed Tube, Adjustable Slicing Disc, Reversible Shredding Disc, Multipurpose Blade, Multipurpose Blade for 4-Cup Work Bowl, Dough Blade, Dicing Kit, Clean Out Tool, Storage Case.
It has great dicing capability.
The warranty policy is superb and functional.
It broke during first use.
The blade did not press all through the way down.
This product has all the features that a food processor is expected to have. It has a good blade and powerful 720watt that perform on a heavy-duty level.
If you are willing to prepare a large amount of pizza dough, this is the right companion.
Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor Silver
This is a Breville brand product; it is also a heavy-duty food processor, with 12 cups and silver colour. It is working perfectly well for a customer that purchased it to the extent he said:
You can always get it as a great gift for your loved ones too.”
- It can grate cheese and chop herbs or nuts to mixing batter and puree food too.
- It is good at making the best pizza dough as you may want it.
- It is a 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- It has large 5″ wide feed chute eliminates the need to precut most ingredients
- The food processor comes with a Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing.
- It is made of 1000 watt induction motor that offers great versatility and power compact size.
- It Prevents the motor from operating unless the bowl and lid are correctly locked in position, and large feed pusher is inserted
- The voltage is 110 to 120 volts
It worked fine and consistently
The base is firm enough to stay on the counter while it processes foods.
The handle of the bowl was disliked by a customer
This is another reliable food processor you should have. It will help make your food items into your desired result.
You will be glad as other customers who bought it are.
You need to learn how to maintain these types of machines to avoid quick damage.
Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor Ultra Quiet Powerful motor
- It is designed to chop, slice, whisk and knead, or even get a vitamin boost with the juicer attachment as you use it.
- You can also make your pizza dough from this food processor as you may desire, that’s why it called food processor.
- It is made of a dual control system with variable speed. It has a pre-set speed function that ensures immediate and very even results, without ramping up through the speeds.
- The processing is made to start at any 11 speeds you choose for more control over performance
- It is a food processor that is easy to clean because every part except the base and the motor are dishwasher enabled.
- The power and voltage are powerful: 600-watt motors for processing and 110V for USA standard.
- It is designed for a one year warranty from the manufacturer
It is easy to use and clean.
The Juicer works very nicely.
The slicer works greatly great.
I hardly find cons from the customers.
This very food processor amazed me. It has been the only product so far that I reviewed that has good reviews consistently with the customers.
You will be purchasing a product that will make you find the result you need in it.
Ninja Mega Kitchen System
This is another powerful food processor; you can also use it to make your pizza dough too. It is one of the best food processor professionals and chief chefs use around the world. Purchasing this food processor will be a good decision.
- The 72 ounce total crushing monster pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies. It is capable of 2 horsepower.
- It is made of eight cup bowl that provides ideal chopping for your food items be it flour and others for making your dough of every type.
- It can make up to 2lbs of dough in 30 seconds.
- It comes with 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to-go lids that are ideal for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks.
- You can wash this powerful machine in the dishwasher and also BPA free parts and includes watt based, a food processor bowl, 72 ounce total crushing pitcher, two 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to-go lids, and a 30 recipe inspiration guide.
- If you are in need of best results, try the Nutri Ninja cup or X large pitcher for frozen drinks.
- If you decided to clean the machine with your hand, kindly use warm water and dish soap.
- It is a machine with a reversible slicing and shredding disc and grating disc for perfect and best result.
It is fast in making dough and easy to clean and use.
The button is hard to clean.
Piece of pitcher flew out during use.
Being a simple and well-designed food processor, it is recommended that you should have this kind of product at home.
It will help you prepare your ingredients with great speeds.
This product has a powerful motor.
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
The entire food processors reviewed so far have good reputations that should make you buy them without any hesitation, even this very one is a good product that should be considered because it is powerful and reliable too.
The brand is a good brand, well known and reliable as well.
The features of the food processor are:
- It is made with 5 multi-function discs and 3 blades out of the box for your convenience.
- It comes with 5.5 inches super-wide feed chute that helps to reduce the need for pre-cutting your fruits and vegetables.
- It includes 2 BPA free processing bowls: 16-cup (3.8 L) large bowl; 2.5-cup (600 millilitres) small processing bowl that will accommodate your food items.
- It is made of LCD display that helps to count up and down auto timer, the voltage is between 110 and 120 volts.
- The accessory storages box is designed such that it be stored horizontally or vertically based on the storage space.
- The blades are made of stainless steel to last long.
- The spatula is plastic.
- It is a good machine to be used for making dough
- It is fast and easy to use
- The blade easily broke
- The main bowl cracked in normal use
Making Pizza Dough with a Food Processor
What is a Dough Blade for Food Processor
There is dough blade for every food processor and it features short, blunt arms that can gently pull and tear dough to knead it; the short arms don’t extend to the outside rim of the work bowl.
It is necessary the dough should be made in large quantities.
How to Make Dough
Making the dough is possible and as well as simple. I will describe how to make the dough in a simple way for you right now. Keep reading to benefit from the information that comes later.
The dough can be made for various food items. For instance, we have the dough for cookies, pizza, etc. For this reason, let me focus on how to make dough for pizza.
The Ingredients and Directions for Making Pizza Dough
Kindly study these directions and ingredients for making pizza dough. They will do a great job guiding you on step by step ways to make a good dough for your pizza.
The Ingredients on making pizza dough in a food processor
Here are the ingredients needed to make a good dough for your while planning to prepare your delicious pizza:
- 2-2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour¹ divided (250-295g)
- 1 packet instant yeast² (2 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and/or dried basil leaves optional
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil + additional
- 3/4 cup warm water³ (175ml)
The Instructions on making pizza dough in a food processor
The following instruction will aid you on how to make the dough as predetermined:
- Mix 1 cup of flour, instant yeast, sugar and table salt in a big bowl that can contain them. You can decide to add garlic powder and dried basil at this level, it is your choice.
- Add your olive oil gently and then stir the mixture with a wooden spoon very well.
- It is at this point that you should gradually add another 1 cup of flour; you can continue to add and stir the flour until the dough is forming into a cohesive and flexible ball and beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl. At this point, the dough will still be a little bit sticky but can be managed with your hands.
- The next step is to sprinkle a separate, large and clean bowl with olive oil and then come up with pastry brush to brush up the side of the bowl.
- Dust your hands lightly with flour and form pizza dough into a round ball and then transfer the dough into the olive oil brushed bowl.
- You can now roll the pizza dough with your hands along the inside of the bowl so that it can be coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place in a warm corner.
- It is ideal if you allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes so that it doubles the original size.
- As soon as the dough has doubled its original size, use your hands to gently deflate and transfer it to a lightly floured surface and then knead until it becomes smooth. You can knead about 3 to 5 times.
- You should now use either your hands or a rolling pin to shape the dough into 12 inches circle.
- Transfer your dough to a parchment paper-lined pan and pinch or fold the edges to form a crust.
- Sprinkle additional olive oil over the top of your pizza and brush the entire surface of the pizza with a pastry brush with olive oil, including the crust.
- Get a fork to poke the holes all over the centre of the pizza to keep the dough from bubbling up while in the oven.
- You can now add your desired toppings and bake in a 435F preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes until you see that the toppings are now golden brown. You can now slice and serve your pizza.
The steps above are the simple ways to make pizza dough.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Customers around the world have been asking questions relating to dough and food processor—it is necessary for me to contribute in answering some of those questions too.
Can I Use a Blender Instead of a Food Processor for Dough
Yes, in many cases, blender performs the job in a similar way as a food processor but you must work in smaller batches. A blender has been known to handle the most task that is originally meant for a food processor except with exception of kneading dough and making pastry dough.
So, a blender cannot replace a food processor in making the dough.
Why Should I Get a Food Processor
It is very important that you get a food processor. With slicing disk, you can get your food processor to carry out basic and heavy tasks such as shredding cheesing and slicing fresh tomatoes.
You can easily make dough with food processors, even tasks such as making smoothies and doing light chopping of vegetables can be done with ease.
Is It Worth Getting a Food Processor
If you are into large preparation of food daily or even weekly, it is important you get a food processor. If you are chopping food items and afraid of cutting your hands with sharp objects, or you are not that good at using a knife, it is worth getting a food processor.
Another reason for you to get a food processor is to make your cooking faster and more enjoyable.
What Is the Difference Between Food Processor and Chopper
There is a chopper machine but people still use a food processor, could there be any difference between these two machines? Yes. A food chopper is a smaller machine compared to a food processor – it holds normally between 1 and 4 cups, it can be used to chop, grind or mix a lot of foods.
A food processor, on the other hand, is larger, it can process up to 12 cups of food at a go depending on the brand and model. A topnotch food processor is normally used to make a dough.
What Can I Use in Place of a Food Processor
You can use a blender in place of food processor when it comes to mince and chop but it can’t replace a food processor when you desire to knead the dough.
If you are intending to cream a combination of liquid and solid such as butter, flour and milk, a mixer will be a better choice. As for kneading dough, leave it to a food processor.
Can You Use a Food Processor Instead of a Mixer
Not in all tasks. If for instance, you are seriously into baking, you may be joking using a food processor. A stand mixer will do a better job in baking compared to a food processor.
How Do You Make Dough With a Kitchenaid Food Processor
You can make dough with kitchen aid by following the listed steps below:
- First of all, switch on the Power on the unit.
- Dough for 2 min at 40 degrees
- Additional 6 min of mixing at speed 2.
- Remove blade and set the dough to rise.
- Punch the dough to remove air.
- Perforate with fork
- Add your favourite toppings to taste good
- Repeat process with your favourite toppings
Final Words on Best Food Processor for Making Pizza Dough
Food processors are very good kitchen processors for making the pizza dough. Buying them is worth it, not only for making dough but also to carry out other important duties such as shredding, blending, cutting etc.
You can select from the best food processors recommended above. They are reliable and made by highly reputed brands.