Looking for the Best Food Processor for Making Pizza Dough? We have you covered here. Jump right in and check out what we have reviewed for you.
Food processors are known for their multipurpose duty. Today, I am going to take us through the best food processors for making pizza dough.
Food processors are the food processing machines every household or restaurant should own because they make your food quick and more delicious.
We are going to be looking at the possibility of making dough in a food processor. Not only that, but we will also review the top food processors you can use to make your pizza dough.
Table of Contents
What Is Dough?
Let us give a quick description of the meaning of dough. The dough is a mixture of flour and liquid with other ingredients such as shortening sugar, salt, eggs, and various flavoring ingredients to bake fast foods.
If you know batter, it is a similar mixture to the dough.
Can You Make Dough in Food Processor
You can make any kind of dough in a food processor in less than 5 minutes from the beginning to the end.
There is a greater chance that the dough will rise faster, and it will also be a bit warm after kneading.
Quick Recommendations of the top food processor for making pizza dough
|Name of Product||Where to Get it|
|Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY||Check on Amazon|
|KitchenAid 1466ER||Check on Amazon|
|Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef||Check on Amazon|
A detailed review of the best food processors for making pizza dough
Cuisinart 088 Food Processor, 7_cup, White
Cuisinart products are always reliable. This very product will serve your purpose for a very long time.
The product is carefully made and has a lot of fantastic features that make it an outstanding and durable product.
Here are the powerful features of this processor
- It comes with a medium slicing disc of 4 mm, shredding disc, and a new stainless steel blade for chopping food items.
- It has small and large pushers, a detachable disc stem book, a compact flat cover, a spatula.
- It is made of an Extra-large feed tube that holds whole fruits and vegetables besides having BPA-free and dishwasher-safe parts.
- It is made to be powerful enough to knead dough effortlessly, easy to use, and clean.
- It is a product with five years guarantee, three years limited entire warranty, and MC Cubic Feet 2.04.
- The included components are: stainless steel chopping blade
- The medium 4mm slicing disc
- Shredding disc
- Small and large pushers
- Detachable disc stem
- Compact flat cover
- Recipe book
It kneads dough with ease
It can be easily cleaned
It is an ideal product you should have in your kitchen. It will go a long way to help process your food as you wish.
It has always been one of the best products in the market you should try and get.
Cuisinart DFP-14BCWNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel, White
Cuisinart food processor is a machine known for its reputable performance and as such will do a wonderful job when it comes to handling pizza dough.
The reason is that it is capable and can help you manage your food ingredients as you actually desired.
- It is made of an extra-large feed tube that can hold food items such as fruits and vegetables.
- It has 14 cups work bowl, 4mm stainless steel medium slicing disc, stainless steel shredding disc, and chopping and mixing blade.
- It has a spatula and recipe book, and 14 cup bowl with a handle.
- It is a heavy-duty machine with a 720 watt motor with a work bowl cover with an extra-large feed tube.
- It can dice mushrooms & onions, shredded cheese, and sliced strawberries, apples, & tomatoes. all will be done beautifully without damaging your food items in the process.
It is an effective machine to use.
It is a very reliable machine.
The 13 cups model seems to hold more liquid than this one.
The blade at a time comes off.
It is a durable food processor especially the stainless steel blade will last long and also cut, shred and slice your food items properly.
It is a machine you should have in your home. It is a machine with a lot of good customer reviews.
Cuisinart FP-12CDN Elite Collection
This model of Cuisinart food processor is made with the standard quality the company is known for. It comes with amazing features that make set it apart and also has an aesthetic appearance.
It’s a product that will serve you properly.
The power output is 1000watts, and this much power means your dough would be kneaded thoroughly for making pizza.
The blades are perfect for slicing through all kinds of food with air bubbles removed from the dough to give a very smooth texture, to your baked foods and pastries.
The Cuisinart brand has a reputation for making household items of high quality and this model of its food processor is not an exception.
It comes with a 12 cup capacity with enough space to handle any amount of dough you intend to make. The dough blade can handle a lot of cooking needs such as making drinks or food for maximum production and utilities.
Its compact construction makes it suitable for kneading large amounts of dough without worrying about space management.
Its mixing bowl has a tight lid that is sealed properly to prevent spills, preventing any spillage of your dough while mixing is in the bowl.
Its blade is secured adequately with a locking mechanism that has you working without worry.
- It has a 12 cup capacity and a special handle
- 1000-watt motor output
- Three control settings (on, off, and pulse)
- Flexible slicing disc
- All parts dish water friendly
- Reliable motor
- Led lights in button
- Easy to clean
- Price may be high
Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor Silver
This is a Breville brand product; it is also a heavy-duty food processor, with 12 cups and silver color. It is working perfectly well for a customer that purchased it to the extent he said:
You can always get it as a great gift for your loved ones too.”
- It can grate cheese and chop herbs or nuts to mixing batter and puree food too.
- It is good at making the best pizza dough as you may want it.
- It is a 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- It has a large 5″ wide feed chute that eliminates the need to precut most ingredients
- The food processor comes with a Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing.
- It is made of a 1000 watt induction motor that offers great versatility and power compact size.
- It Prevents the motor from operating unless the bowl and lid are correctly locked in position, and a large feed pusher is inserted
- The voltage is 110 to 120 volts
It worked fine and consistently
The base is firm enough to stay on the counter while it processes foods.
The handle of the bowl was disliked by a customer
This is another reliable food processor you should have. It will help make your food items into your desired result.
You will be glad as other customers who bought it are.
You need to learn how to maintain these types of machines to avoid quick damage.
Kitchenaid KFP1466ER 14-CUP Food Processor
The KitchenAid food processor is definitely produced to satisfy your kneading needs. With a motor that delivers 425 watts of power, it handles gracefully all your dough kneading tasks.
It can dice, chop, and even make puree for your delight in a quick and effortless way. Its dough blade can knead your dough without lumps leaving you with a perfect finish.
The KitchenAid food processor comes with a flexible blade and its package includes a 14 cup bowl for large food items like vegetables and can also have smaller cups for smaller food items, for those pizza lovers you will be glad you chose this product.
The different cup sizes can handle all your various needs allowing you to produce small to large amounts of kneading. Present in the package is a 2-in-1 feed tube with which you can easily slide in additional food ingredients depending on their size.
The dough blade can deal with large and small food processing needs, with the pulse button assisting you in chopping vegetables and other water-based food efficiently without the fear of over-processing.
With its price tag and functions, it is very reliable in delivering great value for your money.
- Large bowl for mixing
- Mini bowl o 4 cups
- Two lids present: one with feed tube
- Adjustable slice system to monitor the thickness
- Available case to store accessories
- Tube with large and small openings
- Assigned multifunctional blades for the mini bowl
- Maximum motor output of 425 watts
- All in one blade.
- Quality attachments
- Excellent kneading ability
- Sleek design
- Wide bowl
- Easy to store and clean
Ninja Mega Kitchen System
This is another powerful food processor; you can also use it to make your pizza dough too. It is one of the best food processors professionals and chief chefs use around the world. Purchasing this food processor will be a good decision.
- The 72 ounce total crushing monster pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies. It is capable of 2 horsepower.
- It is made of eight cup bowl that provides ideal chopping for your food items be it flour and others for making your dough of every type.
- It can make up to 2lbs of dough in 30 seconds.
- It comes with 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to-go lids that are ideal for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks.
- You can wash this powerful machine in the dishwasher and also BPA free parts and includes watt based, a food processor bowl, 72 ounce total crushing pitcher, two 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to-go lids, and a 30 recipe inspiration guide.
- If you are in need of the best results, try the Nutri Ninja cup or X large pitcher for frozen drinks.
- If you decided to clean the machine with your hand, kindly use warm water and dish soap.
- It is a machine with a reversible slicing and shredding disc and grating disc for perfect and best result.
- It is fast in making dough and easy to clean and use.
- The button is hard to clean.
- A piece of pitcher flew out during use.
Being a simple and well-designed food processor, it is recommended that you should have this kind of product at home.
It will help you prepare your ingredients at great speed.
This product has a powerful motor.
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
The entire food processors reviewed so far have good reputations that should make you buy them without any hesitation, even this very one is a good product that should be considered because it is powerful and reliable too.
The brand is a good brand, well known and reliable as well.
The features of the food processor are:
- It is made with 5 multi-function discs and 3 blades out of the box for your convenience.
- It comes with 5.5 inches super-wide feed chute that helps to reduce the need for pre-cutting your fruits and vegetables.
- It includes 2 BPA-free processing bowls: 16-cup (3.8 L) large bowl; 2.5-cup (600 milliliters) small processing bowl that will accommodate your food items.
- It is made of an LCD display that helps to count up and down auto timer, the voltage is between 110 and 120 volts.
- The accessory storages box is designed such that it be stored horizontally or vertically based on the storage space.
- The blades are made of stainless steel to last long.
- The spatula is plastic.
- It is a good machine to be used for making dough
- It is fast and easy to use
- The blade easily breaks
- The main bowl cracked in normal use
Making Pizza Dough with a Food Processor
What is a Dough Blade for Food Processor
There is a dough blade for every food processor and it features short, blunt arms that can gently pull and tear dough to knead it; the short arms don’t extend to the outside rim of the work bowl.
It is necessary the dough should be made in large quantities.
How to Make Dough
Making the dough is possible and as well as simple. I will describe how to make the dough in a simple way for you right now. Keep reading to benefit from the information that comes later.
The dough can be made for various food items. For instance, we have the dough for cookies, pizza, etc. For this reason, let me focus on how to make dough for pizza.
The Ingredients and Directions for Making Pizza Dough
Kindly study these directions and ingredients for making pizza dough. They will do a great job guiding you on step-by-step ways to make a good dough for your pizza.
The Ingredients for making pizza dough in a food processor
Here are the ingredients needed to make a good dough for your while planning to prepare your delicious pizza:
- 2-2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour¹ divided (250-295g)
- 1 packet instant yeast² (2 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and/or dried basil leaves optional
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil + additional
- 3/4 cup warm water³ (175ml)
The Instructions on making pizza dough in a food processor
The following instruction will aid you on how to make the dough as predetermined:
- Mix 1 cup of flour, instant yeast, sugar and table salt in a big bowl that can contain them. You can decide to add garlic powder and dried basil at this level, it is your choice.
- Add your olive oil gently and then stir the mixture with a wooden spoon very well.
- It is at this point that you should gradually add another 1 cup of flour; you can continue to add and stir the flour until the dough is forming into a cohesive and flexible ball and beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl. At this point, the dough will still be a little bit sticky but can be managed with your hands.
- The next step is to sprinkle a separate, large and clean bowl with olive oil and then come up with pastry brush to brush up the side of the bowl.
- Dust your hands lightly with flour and form pizza dough into a round ball and then transfer the dough into the olive oil brushed bowl.
- You can now roll the pizza dough with your hands along the inside of the bowl so that it can be coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place in a warm corner.
- It is ideal if you allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes so that it doubles the original size.
- As soon as the dough has doubled its original size, use your hands to gently deflate and transfer it to a lightly floured surface and then knead until it becomes smooth. You can knead about 3 to 5 times.
- You should now use either your hands or a rolling pin to shape the dough into 12 inches circle.
- Transfer your dough to a parchment paper-lined pan and pinch or fold the edges to form a crust.
- Sprinkle additional olive oil over the top of your pizza and brush the entire surface of the pizza with a pastry brush with olive oil, including the crust.
- Get a fork to poke the holes all over the centre of the pizza to keep the dough from bubbling up while in the oven.
- You can now add your desired toppings and bake in a 435F preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes until you see that the toppings are now golden brown. You can now slice and serve your pizza.
The steps above are the simple ways to make pizza dough.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Customers around the world have been asking questions relating to dough and food processors – it is necessary for me to contribute to answering some of those questions too.
Can I Use a Blender Instead of a Food Processor for Dough
Yes, in many cases, a blender performs the job in a similar way as a food processor but you must work in smaller batches. A blender has been known to handle the most task that is originally meant for a food processor except with exception of kneading dough and making pastry dough.
So, a blender cannot replace a food processor in making the dough.
Why Should I Get a Food Processor
It is very important that you get a food processor. With a slicing disk, you can get your food processor to carry out basic and heavy tasks such as shredding cheesing, and slicing fresh tomatoes.
You can easily make dough with food processors, even tasks such as making smoothies and doing light chopping of vegetables can be done with ease.
Is It Worth Getting a Food Processor
If you are into large preparation of food daily or even weekly, it is important you get a food processor. If you are chopping food items and afraid of cutting your hands with sharp objects, or you are not that good at using a knife, it is worth getting a food processor.
Another reason for you to get a food processor is to make your cooking faster and more enjoyable.
What Is the Difference Between Food Processor and Chopper
There is a chopper machine but people still use a food processor, could there be any difference between these two machines? Yes. A food chopper is a smaller machine compared to a food processor – it holds normally between 1 and 4 cups, it can be used to chop, grind or mix a lot of foods.
A food processor, on the other hand, is larger, it can process up to 12 cups of food at a go depending on the brand and model. A top-notch food processor is normally used to make dough.
What Can I Use in Place of a Food Processor
You can use a blender in place of a food processor when it comes to mince and chop but it can’t replace a food processor when you desire to knead the dough.
If you are intending to cream a combination of liquid and solid such as butter, flour, and milk, a mixer will be a better choice. As for kneading dough, leave it to a food processor.
Can You Use a Food Processor Instead of a Mixer
Not in all tasks. If for instance, you are seriously into baking, you may be joking about using a food processor. A stand mixer will do a better job in baking compared to a food processor.
How Do You Make Dough With a Kitchenaid Food Processor
You can make dough with Kitchenaid by following the listed steps below:
- First of all, switch on the Power on the unit.
- Dough for 2 min at 40 degrees
- Additional 6 min of mixing at speed 2.
- Remove blade and set the dough to rise.
- Punch the dough to remove air.
- Perforate with fork
- Add your favorite toppings to taste good
- Repeat process with your favorite toppings
Final Words on Best Food Processor for Making Pizza Dough
Food processors are very good kitchen processors for making pizza dough. Buying them is worth it, not only for making dough but also to carry out other important duties such as shredding, blending, cutting, etc.
You can select from the best food processors recommended above. They are reliable and made by highly reputed brands.