So, here we go! We get to discover the best food processor for making bread dough today… Amazing isn’t it? Lots of research and reviews have been put into this study of getting the best dough-making machine for bread.
With little to no opposition, we have been able to collate all of the best food processors which are awesome for making bread dough both for home use and commercial use.
Another thing is, you will get to know the components and qualities of these food processors which have been listed below, so you can be adequately guided on making the best purchasing decision which will definitely be cost-effective to perfect fit the budget of yours!
Trust you’re ready to get one now immediately you get your taste and I know for sure you will find your machine for making bread dough here alongside knowing other substitutes just in case you’ve gotten one before and you’re looking to upgrade.
Maybe because of an increase in customer base which automatically leads to an increase in demand, or you’re having a larger family to feed.
Whichever is the reason, we are here to serve you the list of the best food processor for making bread dough for 2020 and the years to come.
Without much ado, I would love to have you know that each food processor listed here is made by leading industry manufacturers and they’re all hot demands on Amazon which happens to be the world’s largest and best e-commerce platform.
So any of your picks below is on Amazon for a very affordable price.
Okay! Let’s Begin.
Table of Contents
Quick Recommendations – Best Food Processor For Making Bread Dough
What is a food processor?
You might want to know what food processor is (especially if you’re getting this for the first time) so you can have a better knowledge of what to buy to make your bread dough.
A food processor as explained by Wiki is a kitchen appliance used to facilitate repetitive tasks in the preparation of food.
Almost similar to a blender but has a major difference in the application of water. That is; when using a food processor to make dough or any other food-related stuff, you necessarily don’t need to add water unlike when you use the blender which will require water, especially for lubrication and friction purposes.
Having known what a food processor is, I guess you can phantom what a food processor for making bread though is (for those who don’t) but I’m pretty sure you know what it is.
But like we believe here, we give full details of every product we guide you towards making a buying decision.
So, food processor used for making bread dough is a machine for kneading dough for bread.
You know how difficult it’s to use your hands to make bread dough, don’t you? It’s arguably the most crucial and difficult part of the bread-making process. Aside from being the stress-filled part, it also determines how great your bread will be after the making. What a process…
Not to bore you with lots of information on what dough is, for now, let’s get to know which food processor is the best for making bread dough.
List of the best food processor for making bread dough
First on the list is the Cuisinart FP-8SV Elemental Food processor
This Amazon top-selling food processor with over two thousand (2000) sales already is one the best food processor for making bread dough anytime anywhere.
Surprisingly, with all the high-quality features it comes with and knowing that the manufacturer (Cuisinart) is a leading manufacturing company in the food processing industry, the FP-8SV elemental only sells for the price of 73.47 dollars.
Features of Cuisinart FP-8SV elemental
Cuisinart FP-8SV elemental comes with:
- 11 cups work bowl, patented blade lock system which is easy to clean and removable parts are dishwasher safe
- 550-watt motor
- Medium to fine and stainless steel chopping/mixing/dough blade
- Adjustable slicing did
- Reversible shredding disc
- A wide-mouth feed tube
- Convenient rubber made
- Product dimension: 7.6 x 9.58 x 15.19 inches
Sure you noticed the 500-watt motor feature. This helps improve the power and speed of the food prep (preparation) which in turn increases productivity. Coupled with the amazing stainless steel dough blades which make the dough kneading an awesomely swift and easy process for you.
This processor comes in three packages that might interest you and might also help you in your budgeting. These are the 8 cups, 11 cups, and the 14 cups Cuisinart FP-8SV elemental. All in different prices ranging from 73.47 dollars to 243 dollars. But be rest assured your money will get value in return.
This dough kneading food processor has a 4.3-star rating on Amazon making it a top choice.
Another powerful food processor for making dough is also produced by Cuisinart. Like I earlier stated above, they are the leading manufacturing company in this terrain!
That’s a story for another day. Unlike the first listing, this Cuisinart DLC-85SBCY is much more powerful food processing machine but like they say “the better the budget, the better the product”. That is the exact scenario here because this make isn’t available for anything less than $141.
With a price of $141, this item comes with a new chopping blade, three slicing/shredding discs, spatula. An ideal food processor for making dough, slicing vegetables, shredding cheese, mincing garlic and herbs, mixing batters, and emulsifying.
Features of Cuisinart DLC-85SBCY
Let’s start with the most important feature relating to dough making.
- New chopping blade, three slicing/shredding discs, spatula. An ideal food processor for making dough, slicing vegetables, shredding cheese, mincing garlic and herbs, mixing batters, and emulsifying.
- 11 cup work bowl large enough for a family.
- UC Cubic Feet: 1.07
- Extra-large feed tube for larger food slices.
- Stainless steel thin slicing disc (2mm) and medium slicing disc (4mm)
- Five-year full motor warranty, three-year limited entire unit warranty
- Product dimension: 11.25 x 7 x 14.5 inches
- Product weight: 16.27 pounds
- Durability: 5 – 10 yrs
- Height: 15 inches
Having over 4.5 stars over 5-star rating… With previous users attesting to the quality and efficiency, you don’t getter a better deal than this, do you?
Except for the design feel, there’s no reason you shouldn’t buy this product manufactured by Cuisinart. Forget about the price and think of the quality and efficiency of the food processor which will most definitely serve its purpose for years.
Is this another Cuisinart product? Yes, it is… This Cuisinart 088 is probably my best pick any day, anytime, anywhere for making bread dough. It even has special dough-making features attached to it.
Also, it’s more pocket-friendly than the others (Cuisinart products) for making bread dough.
With a price tag of just $104, it has more to offer for the price. Believe me, if this was to be an investment, it will be a great return on investment.
The Pro Classic 7-cup Food Processor has it all… Make your favorites, from stir-fries and main course salads to peanut butter and homemade bread (which definitely is the main reason you are buying it!).
Easy to use, it comes with a large 7-cup work bowl to accommodate and process all of your processing needs, a cover with a large feed tube for slicing and shredding without precutting, stainless steel blade and discs, and a recipe collection.
Also, it comes with a bonus flat cover for processing on the bottom of the bowl. Isn’t that amazing?
Features of Cuisinart 088 Processor
Let’s see why this is a must-have for every bread maker who loves having the best dough for his/her bread.
- Without hype let me quote Amazon’s description for the dough making a feature of this Cuisinart 088 processor “Multi-Functional & Stainless Steel; Stainless Steel Discs stay sharp for precision slicing and shredding, while the multifunctional blade, also stainless steel, tackles chopping, mixing & acts as a dough blade.”
- Quiet, Powerful Performance: A heavy-duty 600-watt motor operates quietly, even when kneading batch after batch of thick dough.
- Single Paddle Control: On, Off & Pulse your way to perfection with the easy paddle control.
- Includes medium slicing disc (4mm), shredding disc, and new stainless steel chopping blade
- Includes small and large pushers, detachable disc stem, compact flat cover, spatula, and recipe book
- Comes with an extra-large feed tube that holds whole fruits and vegetables; BPA-free and dishwasher-safe parts
- Powerful enough to knead bread dough with ease; Easy to use and clean
- Five-year full motor warranty
- Three-year limited entire unit warranty.
- MC Cubic Feet: 2.04
- Note: How-to Disc not included
- Included Components: Unit
- stainless steel chopping blade
- Medium 4mm slicing disc
- shredding disc
- small and large pushers
- detachable disc stem
- compact flat cover
- recipe book
- Product dimension: 11.25 x 7 x 13.75 inches
- Weight: 10.34
- Dough Cup Capacity: 4 Cup Flour
With a 4.4 star rating on Amazon and over 2000 sales on Amazon and also it being the Amazon choice for a food processor as a lot of satisfied customers have left their review.
Do you have other reasons not to buy this now? And what if you were to buy now, what is the worst thing that can happen if you click the link below to get this now for a price of $104? Why not damn the thoughts now and make the other.
Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor
Big, bold and strong with a high or one the highest performance motor feature enabled. Doubled that of the first food processor which simply means this beast has 1000 watts for two times more efficient and swift performance.
The only setback I foresee here is the price. But, seriously speaking, it’s worth the price and even more. Seeing the performance alone plus its features and every other thing, it’s an ideal food processor to make your bread dough if your budget can finance it.
Features of Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor
Ever wandered I earlier called this food processing machine a beast? Well, guess you are about to find that out now…
Here are the key features:
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- Large 5″ wide feed chute eliminates the need to precut most ingredients
- Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing
- 1000 watt induction motor offers great versatility and power in a compact size
- Prevents the motor from operating unless the bowl and lid are correctly locked in position, and a large feed pusher is inserted
- Voltage: 110 to 120 volts
- Adjustable Slicing Disc
- Multiple chute options
- Product dimension: 9.5 x 7.5 x 17 inches
- Weight: 15.9 pounds
I remember mentioning the price has a high attached to it attribute right? Well, the machine is valued at $299 on Amazon and it’s a perfect price tag for the bread dough-making food processor which has a 4.6-star rating and great customer review and feedback.
Decan 12 cup food processor with dough blade
Decan food processor and dough maker are perfect choices for kneading bread dough. A special feature is that it has a multifunctional variety to handle other food processes such as slicing, chopping, beating food ingredients, and even mixing.
It holds 12 cups of accessories that means you can feed large ingredients into them for processing. It kneads dough for bread expertly and efficiently.
It has an advanced 3-speed setting and pulse function for faster food processing and precise results.
The 600-watt powered motor delivers adequate power to handle all your bread dough and more, with its continuous grinding features, it means you can process more food for longer hours.
It has dual lock protection keeping the lid locked in place while kneading the dough. The legs have rubber stoppers to prevent them from skidding when processing food and provide more stability.
- Large dough bowl
- Impressive 600-watt motor
- Multi-function accessories
- Strong blade and various dough blade
- Stable legs
- Dual lock protection
- We can food processor comes with a 3.5L bowl that can hold large food like vegetables, meat and fruit without chopping.
- Its wide chute feed allows for faster stocking of food items into the processor
- The legs have non-slip rubber for better stability and prevent it from skidding off the tabletops when in operation.
- The multiple accessories and attachments mean you can adequately process more kinds of food ingredients.
- Its 3-speed switch comes with a pulse button and can be adjusted to suit your needs giving you the ability to perform precision cooking.,
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY custom food Processor comes with an extra-large feed tube that holds whole fruits and vegetables and dough. It also features a 14-Cup work bowl, 4mm stainless steel medium slicing disc, stainless steel shredding disc, and chopping/mixing blade and does include a spatula and recipe book.
Features of Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY
- 14-Cup Work Bowl
- Powerful 720 Watt Motor
- Extra-Large Feed Tube
- Stainless Steel Blades
- 7 Food Prep Functions
- Single Touch Operation
- Stainless steel Standard slicing disc (4mm), medium shredding disc and stainless steel chopping/mixing blade.
- Cord length: 36 Inches
- 720-Watt large-capacity food processor with intuitive “on” And “off/pulse” Buttons
- 14-Cup Lexan work bowl; extra-large feed tube; small and large pushers
- Instruction/recipe booklet
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Detachable disc stem
- MC Cubic Feet: 1.14
- Stainless Steel Standard Slicing Disc (4mm) and Medium Shredding Disc
Refer to the user manual to ensure proper set-up and features of the unit prior to use.
Note: shredding and slicing blades are not adjustable.
How to use a food processor to make bread dough
Making a dough or kneading is a process in the making of bread or pasta dough, used to mix the ingredients and add strength to the final product.
The importance of this kneading lies in the mixing of flour with water. If these two ingredients are combined and kneaded smoothly, the gliadin and glutenin proteins that are there in the flour expand and form strands of gluten which gives bread its texture and prepares it for the final process.
It’s a norm to use your hands to make bread dough or to use the manual gadget available at your disposal. In doing this (using manual or hands) you waste more time and strength and you automatically become less productive.
That’s where these dough-making food processors come in handy.
Process of making a dough with food processors
First, use set the blades. Every standard processor comes with a blade that is capable of mixing and kneading doughs for bread, pasta, or pizzas.
Pour in your mix in batches of not more than 1½ Pounds
Most 10 to 12-cup capacity of every or most food processor limits a batch of dough to approximately 1½ pounds (that translates to dough made with 2 to 3 cups of flour). Larger recipes will require mixing in two or more batches and then combining by hand or mixers (if available).
The third phase is applying chilled/cold water
As You are aware that the constant spin and roll of the metal blades will definitely cause friction thereby generating heat which aren’t healthy for the yeast, you need to sprinkle or add chilled water to counter that effect.
What to know before buying a food processor
There are 5 basic things I recommend you know before placing an order for your food processor which will, in turn, help you make good value of your Best judgement on which of the food processor you choose to buy.
- The type of blade
- The capacity (watts)
- The size
- The weight and dimension
- The brand (manufacturer)
The above-listed criteria will help you know what’s best for your budget and demand.
Okay! There you have it… The list of the best food processor for making bread dough and their unique qualities plus price.
Get one today and start salivating the taste of awesome homemade bread.
Have a nice ride using the product.