Wondering whether you can put a blender in the dishwasher? Well, I can relate to that feeling, you are done making use of the blender and it is time to wash the dirt on it off.
Then suddenly you are so tired that you begin to consider whether you should put the blender in the dishwasher so you can just get it over with and rest.
The dishwasher is excellent for keeping your kitchen equipment clean but you must be that the equipment is safe in the dishwasher before you try using it to wash.
This is because not all kitchen equipment is dishwasher safe. You want to know if you can put a blender in the dishwasher is valid because getting to know the answer will save you stress.
It will also help you to maintain your blender and the parts, to ensure durability.
If you want to find out whether it is good to put the blender in the dishwasher then keep your eye on this space and be sure to read to the end.
Can you put a blender in the dishwasher?
Like I said earlier if you are wondering if you can put a blender in the dishwasher then you’ve got your answer here.
Yes, you can put the parts of the blender in the dishwasher, but you are not expected to put the parts of the blender like the base/motor in the dishwasher because water entering the motor of the blender will only damage the blender, hence it should not be immersed in water.
Only parts that were certified dishwasher safe should be put in the dishwasher.
But be sure that you look at the manufacturer’s instructions to know the parts that are dishwasher friendly and the one that is not that way.
So, whether you are wondering if you can put an Oster blender in the dishwasher, or a ninja blender in the dishwasher, ensure you check all specifications you need before you go ahead and wash your blender.
When you’ve got a dirty blender in your hands, you will easily know the parts to put in the dishwasher and the one not to.
How to Wash Your Blender In A Dishwasher?
Washing the blender in the dishwasher is technical because not all the parts of the blender can be put in a dishwasher.
The base/motor of the blender should never be immersed in water to avoid damage to the blender.
For all other parts be sure to look at the manufacture’s instruction before you put them in the dishwasher for proper cleaning.
If you have checked the instructions and confirmed the parts that can be put in the dishwasher then the next question is how do I wash these parts properly in the dishwasher.
You want to wash your blender thoroughly using the dishwasher then you may want to follow the steps I will be listed below to help you make better use of the dishwasher and clean your blender properly.
- First of all, take the blender apart to separate the attachments from the base/motor. Unplug the blender unit and gently unscrew the base of the jar from the base/motor. Remove the jar lid then remove the blade and the gasket seal.
- Carefully place the parts of the blender that are dishwasher safe in the dishwater and put on the dishwasher while correctly setting everything that needs to set.
- Do not put the base of the blender housing the motor in the dishwasher instead use a damp cloth and wipe it clean. Do not submerge the base in water as this will damage the motor of the blender.
- Now just reassemble the blender and store it in a cool dry place. Repeat this process each time your blender gets dirty and enjoy the utmost durability you wish the blender to offer you.
What tips can I employ to keep my blender keep and clean
The ability of the blender to last longer and function very effectively depends on your ability to keep the blender neat and sparkly.
If you always allow your blender to get extremely dirty then it is obvious that you can enjoy the blending process and secondly your blender may not work effectively as it is supposed to.
I have taken great care and effort to get you the best tips you can have at your fingertips that will ensure that you keep your blender clean and neat;
- Before cleaning your blender lid check your owners manual to see if your blender lid is in two parts. This will enable you to separate the two parts and clean them separately because you may have leftover foods stuck in between.
- If you have a glass or plastic jar blenders avoid putting them in the dishwashers because the dishwashers may etch or scratch them. Doing a manual hand washing will be better.
- Do not store items in the blender as food with strong odours can linger in the blender if you store them for too long in the blender. Once you blend such food with the blender it’s better to just wash the blender immediately to avoid such odours
- If you have a smelly blender, do not panic or get sad just blend 1:1 ratio of baking soda in the blender together with water. Then allow the solution to sit in the blender for 5-20 minutes before you do the normal washing.
- Make sure you carefully assembly the blender parts each time you wash them. Assembling them wrongly will affect the functionality of the blender.
How to Use Your Blender correctly
If you have a powerhouse bender but you don’t know how to use it correctly then be sure that the blender may spoil soon or it may not be able to give you the perfect functionality you need for blending.
That is why you need to learn the proper use of the blender, things you should do while using the blender and things you should not do either.
To use your blender perfectly follow the guidelines below;
- Do not fill the blender with liquid to the brim just fill half, if you fill to the brim it may just explode once you put on the blender
- Do not be tempted to pour hot water or boiling liquid into the blender just in case it spills over the lid.
- Blend the hard ingredients first before you add the soft ones, if you are blending nuts and watermelon it is advisable that you whizz the nuts first before you add the watermelon.
- When blending very dry or wet ingredients it is important that you stop the blender once in a while and use a spatula to scrape the sides to make sure that everything is intact before you continue.
- You can wash every other part of the blender except the base housing the blender motor because if you wash it you may end up damaging the blender.
- Some blenders are not usually strong enough to cope with hard beans so be very careful when you are blending your coffee beans.
- Start blending with low speed and then gently increase the speed.
Are you looking for a good and strong blender that will be durable enough to serve all your blending needs? Well, I was looking for one too.
Then a few months back during my market tour, I came across this amazing blender set that I bought and have used for months now without any complaints so far.
I just thought I should let you know that this professional blender was the reason why I no longer buy blenders every six months.
Since I got this I took a break from buying blenders because I couldn’t get the exact thing I needed.
At last, I got it and that’s why I think its good if I share this knowledge with you.
This professional blender comes with ten variable speed controls that allow you to refine your every texture with culinary precision from the smoothest purees to the heartiest soup.
The coarse layer chops over smooth purees for heartier recipes such as chunky salsas and thick vegetable soups.
Did I mention that the 48-ounce container is very much ideal for blending medium batches for small family meals so when you are making your family meals you do not have to be bothered over about anything?
The cutting blade that measures 3-inch diameter ensures consistent blend every time.
All these are in addition to the hardened stainless steel blade that is designed to handle even the toughest ingredients hence from the first blend to the last one you get the same quality results.
Read more: Can You Blend Pinto Beans in a Blender?
With just a drop of dish soap and warm water, this Vitamix blender can clean itself in 30-60 seconds.
Are you interested in being the owner of this blending machine and flaunting it in your kitchen?
I already own one and I am convinced it was worth every penny spent on it.
I hope I have answered your question, can you put a blender in a dishwasher? Do you have more questions about washing the blender in a dishwasher?
Please drop your questions in the comment section.
Our editors have carefully selected, used, and researched products reviewed on this post.
We will earn a token from Amazon on any purchase from you. This will be at no extra cost to you.