“Can I put Frozen Fruit in a Food Processor?” – was that your question? Absolutely! Yes, you can! What else were these food processors made for in the first place? To achieve this, you are to put out the frozen fruits for at least 10 minutes, after which you begin to fill them in the food processor.
This clearly suggests that you can always put frozen fruits in a food processor.
As a matter of fact, there are food processors used in crushing ice as well.
Ordinarily, anything frozen will wear out the blade of the food processor more than non-frozen; hence, when you’d be blending frozen fruits or any frozen food, there is the need to ensure that you put out the frozen food for say 10 minutes prior to the time when you will be blending so that it thaws and helps reduce its hardness, thus, causing less wear and tear on the food processor. This however depends on the type of Food Processor it is.
You may now begin to ask, what type of food processor can you put frozen fruits in? Well, just like you cannot crush ice in just any food processor, you also cannot put frozen fruits in just any food processor.
To this end, you have to be on the lookout for most importantly, the power of the food processor’s motor; its strength so to speak, as well as the brand of the Food Processor.
Yes, I mentioned that you should look out for the brand of the food processor – this does not mean that I’m pointing out a disparity between brands.
But you know, there are some brands out in the market for so long a time, and these brands have been able to gain the trust of buyers with the qualities and strength of their products. Some of such brands are KitchenAid, Cuisinart, etc.
Food processors that will grind frozen fruits
Here is a list of Food Processors I recommend for Frozen Fruits:
- KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor
- KitchenAid KSM2FPA Food Processor
- KitchenAid 11-Cup Food Processor
- Cuisinart FP-12DCN Elite Collection
- Ninja Foodi SS201 Power Blender & Food Processor
This product has an exact slice system and is thus able to blend frozen fruits. It comes with a dicing kit and is colored contour silver. It is the industry’s first hands-free dicing kit, making the process a lot easier.
Its extra slice system features optimized speeds with high, low, and pulse speed options. It also has an ultra-tight seal, saving your kitchen from being a mess after its use. Lastly, it has a 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty.
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Colour: Contour Silver
- Dimensions: 12 x 10.93 x 17 inches
- Weight: 8.2 pounds
- Capacity: 14-Cup
- Feed Tube: 2-in-1 Feed Tube
- Warranty: 1-Year Hassle-free replacement warranty
- It gives you full control over it with its additional pulse function, apart from the high and low-speed buttons
- It has a 2 in 1 feed tube
- The food processor comes with a 1-year warranty
- This product is real value for money
- You can gift it out to people you love
- It may be expensive if you’re running a low budget
This product is guaranteed to help you blend frozen fruits. In fact, it is versatile as it has the ability and capacity to perform other food prep tasks. You should go get yours!
Having a wide feed tube, this product allows you to put in various sizes of food. It also has an extra slice system that guarantees accuracy and precise slicing.
It comes with a dicing kit, it is made of plastic, silver in color, with a blade made of stainless steel.
This KitchenAid product usually attaches to the power hub of your stand mixer and uses the power of the motor to operate the attachment to slice, shred or even julienne your favorite fruits (frozen at that), vegetables, hard cheeses, etc. very quickly and easily. In addition, it is very compatible with any KitchenAid stand mixer.
- Material: Plastic
- Colour: Silver
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 6.9 x 10.2 x 9.7 inches
- Weight: 7.04 pounds
- It is easy to assemble, use, and clean
- It is compatible with any KitchenAid stand mixer
- It as well comes with a storage case
- There is no hitch that comes with its usage
With all of the amazing features this product has got, it should be your choice product already.
This product has an extra slice system and weighs up to 12.4 pounds. It has the ability to help blend your frozen fruits to the desired size as long as you monitor it.
A processor that has in its armor an innovative design, and a lid that makes it easy for cleaning and usage.
- Colour: Liquid graphite
- Dimensions: 10.22 x 10 x 16 inches
- Weight: 12.4 pounds
- It is quick and easy to use; it is also easy to clean after use
- It is not much of a heavyweight
- It comes with an extra slice system
- It could be gifted to loved ones at their wedding or house warming ceremonies
- It may be quite expensive, all depending on your financial strength
Not limited to blending frozen fruits, this product is a versatile one which is why you should get yours.
This product is a 12 – cup Food Processor. It comes with electronic touchpad controls, including the on, off, and pulse buttons as well as blue LED lights.
Also included is an adjustable slicing disc (1 – 6 mm), an adjustable shredding disc, large and small chopping blades as well as a dough blade.
For its power, it has a 1000-watt peak-power motor which allows you to blend frozen fruits. It also comes with a 10-year motor warranty and a 3-year limited warranty.
- Material: Plastic
- Colour: Silver Die-Cast
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Wattage: 1000 watts
- Dimensions: 13.25 x 18.75 x 11.5 inches
- Weight: 19 pounds
- It comes with an instruction book
- It is dishwasher safe
- It is easy to use and clean
- It has a wide–mouth feed tube and cover assembly
- It comes with a 1000 watt peak power motor
- Its cup bowls have measurement markings
- Has a storage container for storing the product after use
Being one of the leading brands in the market, this Cuisinart food processor is sure to meet each of your expectations; versatility, durability, value for money, etc. Simply place an order through the link above t get yours.
This product is 3-in-1 as it is a crushing blender, dough mixer, and food processor; hence, it is versatile. It has a 1400-watt peak-power motor which is powerful enough to help crush frozen fruits and still carry out other culinary tasks.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that you cannot put hot liquid in this product as it’ll only damage it.
- Colour: Silver
- Weight: 11.38 pounds
- Voltage: 110 volts
- Motor Wattage: 1400 peak watts
- Dimensions: 14 x 14 x 10 inches
- It is very easy to use. It also includes a cleaning brush for hand washing
- With its stacked blade design, this product is gamed to help you crush frozen fruits
- It is dishwasher safe
- It has variable speed control
- It comes with no hitches so long as it is properly maintained
Effortlessly, this product is able to carry out various culinary activities which means you would not only be putting frozen fruits in this product, but perform other food prep tasks with it. By implication, it saves you lots of cash. Tap the link above to check it out.
Steps to take when you need to put frozen fruits in these reviewed products?
The quantity of the frozen fruits you wish to process does not really matter, all of the recommended Food Processors have the capacity to process any amount of frozen fruits; as much as you need.
However, if you’ll be processing plenty of it, it would be best that you do it turns as overloading the processor would wear it out. Make sure not to fill your food processor with extremely large chunks of frozen fruits.
- Before you begin to process your frozen fruits, there is the need to let them thaw. To achieve this, you are to remove the frozen fruits from the freezer for at least 10 minutes, before you you begin to fill them in the food processor.
- Once you have filled the food processor with the frozen fruits and covered with the lid, begin to process the frozen fruits by turning on the pulse button control.
- You are advised to turn off the processor at intervals so that you do not overwork it.
- In addition, before turning on the switch, add a bit of milk, yogurt, fruit juice, or even water to the frozen fruits; these too will help make the process easier and faster as well as sweetening it up.
- Once this has been achieved, you are good to go! Simply pour out the final result as your smoothie is ready.
PS: These steps are not limited to the products recommended in this article; they could be followed even with other products.
All you need to do is to ensure that the product is not substandard. I mean, ensuring that it really has the capacity to process frozen fruits.
Things to consider before putting Frozen Fruits in your Food Processor?
To know if your food processor has the capacity to process frozen fruits, simply check its motor’s power. Ordinarily, the power required for kitchen prep tasks is at least 200 watts.
However, for a task as this, after you must have thawed your frozen fruits, making use of wattage around 500 – 700 watts would suffice, as this helps in thoroughly blending the frozen fruits.
The motor control of these processors in many cases usually senses contents and keeps up with optimal speed in a bid to efficiently crush ice cubes, puree soft fruits and blend frozen smoothies, etc. Pay attention to the power of your food processor.
The blades play a major role in this whole process as they determine how smoothly you can blend your frozen fruits.
With a combination of patented, sharp stainless steel blades with vortex action, your food processor would help you achieve the consistency you desire.
Making use of blade assemblies that have sharp edges and a large number of tips may best suit this task and still be useful afterward as many buyers have complained over time about their blades turning dull after blending frozen fruits with their food processors.
Durability and Warranty
The durability of a food processor is very much important. You of course want your food processor to be long-lasting, thus, using it as prescribed in the user manual (if available) is strongly recommended.
Proper maintenance of appliances as such goes a long way to make them stay with you longer, especially if you will be putting frozen fruits in your processor much often.
Ease of Use & Cleaning
After making use of your food processor, you of course are required to clean all component parts, excluding none. The same is the case after blending frozen fruits.
However, a product that is very easy to use as well as clean would pay off as it is not only easy but saves your time.
Hence, if you’d be purchasing a food processor, one which is easy to use and clean should be your choice. See the products recommended in this article.
Now that you know that you can put frozen fruits in a food processor, it is important that you follow all of the steps as explained in this article so that you do not end up damaging your food processor.
I hope that you found this piece really helpful. If you’ve got any thoughts to share with me, simply scroll down, I’d be awaiting you in the comments section.
Thanks for reading!
Our editors have carefully selected, used, and researched products reviewed on this post.
We will earn a token from Amazon on any purchase from you. This will be at no extra cost to you.