As opposed to purchasing pre-packaged Bacon or meats generally which are usually processed and of course with preservatives which could eventually lead to bad health, getting and making use of a meat slicer would help save you from health risks associated with buying store-bought meat.
You’ll be getting your Bacon fresh and having to slice just when you’re ready to use. It is also even time-saving.
Let us get into a summarized list of meat slicers for you to check out and buy.
|Features||Great Meat Slicers|
|Best meat slicer for accurate cut||Berkel Red Line 220 Food Slicer|
|Best meat slicer for versatile use||BESWOOD Food Slicer|
|Best Budget Meat Slicer for Bacon||Chefman Die-Cast Electric Deli & Food Slicer|
|Best meat slicer for fresh meat||Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Food Slicer|
Many of the meat slicers out in the market today are not restricted to the slicing of meats – they could be used in slicing hard cheese and veggies which gives you a quick and easy uniform consistency.
In my bid to ensure that you are able to lay your hands on the best of Meat slicers suitable for Bacon, and with the latest product developments, I’ve taken a good look at the bestselling set of Meat slicers and came up with a Top 6 list of models that stand out.
Come along with me as I’ll be introducing these products to you – many of which you perhaps never heard of or never trusted before now. But before then;
Features you should consider before purchasing a meat slicer?
As is a known fact, the quality of a product affects its price. Therefore, for a home-grade meat slicer with lower quality, you should expect to find one around $45 – $75, while a home-grade slicer with higher quality would sell between $75 and $150.
However, a professional-grade would be found between the ranges of $150 – $500. Picking a high-quality product helps your meat slicer to work effectively and efficiently, the choice of which product to purchase now lies in your hands.
Paying attention to the storage space for your slicer is very much expedient as slicers are usually large and bulky, thus, leaving it on your countertop might not pay off as it’ll eat up your space.
To get around this, purchasing a lightweight product would do so that it would be easy to lift from the cabinet or shelf once it’s time to use.
Speaking of power, the power a home model meat slicer exerts is very much different from that of a professional grade. Hence, the professional-grade is more powerful.
Measured in wattage, the power determines how far and how long the slicer can work non-stop.
If you’d usually use the meat slicer in less than an hour at a go, you do not need much power for your choice of meat slicer; but for one who’d use a meat slicer heavily at a go, you’re definitely going for the professional-grade which should be with 200 watts or even more.
The sort of blade you would find in meat slicers differ as home and professional models have different blade sizes. Home models usually feature smaller blades; as a result, they are not to be used too often.
But a professional-grade as the name suggests usually has extremely large and powerful blades allowing you to use it as often as you have to (this does not mean it shouldn’t be properly maintained).
If all you plan to do with your meat slicer is cut meat, then a home model would do. However, if you plan to slice larger cuts of meat, cheese, and veggies, a professional model which is more powerful would pay off.
To keep the blade sharp and in good condition, it should be rust-resistant.
As I earlier discussed, you need to pay attention to the storage space of the product you’ll be purchasing, and the size of the product is what begets its storage space.
In this light, you wouldn’t have to purchase an overly big meat slicer as a moderate-sized one would suffice.
Frequency of use
In the event that you’d only make use of your meat slicer once in a while, perhaps once a week; a home model is what you need.
But if you run a restaurant and you’d need to make use of a meat slicer every day, a professional-grade slicer is what I recommend.
In the usage of your meat slicer, you definitely want a product that stays put while in operation as we cannot rule out the fact that there are products that move as they vibrate while in operation, thus, causing you to have to hold with one of your hands when in use.
While slicing your bacon, you might need to do some other things in the kitchen and not have the luxury of time to wait till you’re done slicing. This is why a sturdy product would be very much suitable. Check out my list!
With my bit of experience as a meat freak, I am in the knowledge that one of the things that buyers look out for when purchasing goods and services is getting value for their money.
You of course want a product that you’d be able to use and reuse over and over again, not one that backs off after the first use.
Hence, durability should be one of your concerns when purchasing a meat slicer as a long-lasting product that gives you value for your money.
In this age and time, when purchasing kitchen appliances, buyers check for certain features, and versatility is one of such features.
When it comes to versatility, there a myriad of meat slicers that are not straight-jacketed – that’s to say that they do not only slice meats but perform several other tasks like slicing hard cheeses, fruits and vegetables.
This is why when searching for which meat slicer to purchase, the versatility of the product is very key as I have considered in my list.
However, to get a versatile product, you are to play your part in paying your dues as versatile products are usually more expensive than the straight-jacketed ones (mainstream slicers).
Clearly, nobody wants to be stressed – YES! This is why when purchasing a meat slicer; you’d need to consider how difficult it is to clean it.
In the light of this, your choice of meat slicer should be one that disassembles and wipes down easily once it is time to clean. Many times, meat slicers do not have dishwasher-safe components. Ergo, you’d have to always wash with your hands.
See my Top 6 meat slicers for bacon
BESWOOD Food Slicer
The BESWOOD Food Slicer as the name implies is not just a meat slicer but slices food generally which means that it is versatile – slices meat, ham, fruits, cheese, and veggies.
It is premium Chromium-plated, has a carbon steel blade with full protection against corrosion. There is no need to sharpen the blade of this product frequently as it has an automatic blade sharpening feature.
It is electric and has a double illuminated ON/OFF switch 24V to help eschew electricity shock. In addition, this product is a commercial-grade slicer suitable for use in restaurants, commercial kitchens, cafes as well as at home.
- Material: Aluminum, Carbon Steel and Rubber
- Weight: 30 pounds
- Colour: Silver
- Dimension: 18.75 x 16 x 14 inches
- Blade Diameter: 9”
- Power: 240 watts
- Slicing thickness: 1 – 12 mm
- It is easy to use
- It boasts of thickness
- It is easy to assemble as well as disassemble for cleaning
- This product delivers professional-grade performance, thus, giving you value for your money
- This product boasts versatility as it has the ability to slice any boneless meat, hard cheeses, veggies as well as other foods with high standard performance
- Interestingly, this product has an automatic blade sharpening feature. Hence, you don’t have to sharpen frequently as it gives the guarantee of lasting long
- It comes with a premium V-belt with noticeable noise and vibration reduction
- Accompanying the product is a user manual, a cleaning brush, and food machine oil
- This product weighs about 30 pounds or even more. Hence, it may be very heavy when you need to lift it off your cabinet to your kitchen’s slab and vice versa.
- It may be expensive for persons running a low-budget
Asides from the fact that it may be heavy as it weighs well over 30 pounds, this product is absolutely what you need for all slicing tasks in your kitchen or in your restaurant if you own one.
Hit the link below to purchase yours!
OSTBA Food Slicer
This product helps you cut any food precisely, thus, boasts of versatility. When it comes to cleaning right after use, this product has got removable features allowing for thorough cleaning and sanitation.
In operating this product, to ensure maximum safety for yourself and people around, both the safety lock (child lock protection switch) and power button must be pressed simultaneously to turn it on.
You need not worry about its weight as it is light weighted. It is however suitable and recommended for home use.
- Material: Cast Iron
- Colour: Silver
- Blade Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 8.64 pounds
- Dimensions L x W x H: 14.17 x 9.65 x 10.24 inches
- Wattage: 150 watts
- Maximum slice thickness: 15 mm
- Control: child lock on/off button
- It has an adjustable thickness dial
- It is easy to use and clean after use as its features are removable for cleaning
- It gives you full value for money
- It is affordable
- It is light weighted
- It has 4 strong non-slip suction cup rubber feet which keep the meat slicer sturdy while in operation
- Its 150 watts helps give you a fast and consistent sharp cut
- It is versatile as it slices meat, cheese, bread, fruits, etc. What more do you need?
- It has a removable 7.5” stainless steel blade
- It has a food carriage where whatever food you intend to slice is placed
- Although it has been established that this product is versatile – Yes it is! However, there is a limitation; it is not suitable for cutting frozen foods. A semi-frozen food is okay
- The blade of this product is designed to turn slow in order to get enough power to slice
It is important to note that this product isn’t a professional grade. Hence, it may be restricted to home use. If all you need a meat slicer for is your home usage, what then are you waiting for?
Click the link below to get yours!
Anescra Deli Food Slicer
The Anescra Deli Food Slicer is an Electric food slicer which as the name suggests, is not restricted to slicing meats but food generally.
Knowing that the slicer blade is one of the core components, this product has got two removable 7.5” stainless steel blades and food carriage – The blades cut both cooked and raw food more healthily.
It also has a child lock protection and is a 0 – 15 mm adjustable thickness food slicer.
This product is a 200 watts powerful meat slicer that is very fast and has a high-yield slicing power. It is easy to clean as the product disassembles for this purpose.
With a sleek, compact, and lightweight design, it is small enough to contain most cabinets and countertops. For proper maintenance, this product should not be in operation continuously for more than 5 minutes as the manufacturers say.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Colour: Silver
- Blade shape: Round
- Modus Operandi: Automatic
- Power: 200 watts
- Weight: 10.69 pounds
- Net Weight: 4.5kg
- It has a compact and durable design, hence, easy to store in any cabinet or shelf.
- It is easy to use
- It comes with two stainless steel blades
- It has a removable food carriage for easy cleaning
- It has strong suction rubber feet
- It is of a considerable price compared to other products that may seem to be expensive
- This appliance cannot be used continuously for more than 5 minutes
Are you food slicer hunting for your kitchen? Then this 200 watts food slicer accompanied with two 7.5” removable stainless steel blades is what you need.
Purchasing this not only gives you a meat slicer, but a food slicer to slice whatsoever you deem fit – from bread to veggies, and then to hard cheeses, etc.
Simply put, with this product, you can manage all slicing tasks in your kitchen. It is simply convenient, fast, and easy.
Chefman Die-Cast Electric Deli & Food Slicer
As I had mentioned when speaking on the features I considered before compiling this list, picking a versatile slicer (food slicer) is very key as it is an added advantage, and this product is not an exception as it cuts meat, cheese, bread, fruits, veggies, etc.
It also has an adjustable slice thickness, a stainless steel blade, and safe non-slip feet for home use. It is however easy to use and clean. Having a compact design, it doesn’t take up much space in your cabinet or countertop, although it may be very noisy.
For your curiosity, it is pretty much affordable. In addition, it has a 1-year warranty.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Colour: Black
- Blade Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 12.5 x 9 inches
- Voltage: 120V
- Wattage: 180 watts
- Weight: 9.46 pounds
- It is very much affordable
- It is compact and has a space-saving design
- It is easy to use and has a seamless after-use cleaning process
- It has sturdy nonslip feet, hence, the food slicer is sure to stay in place while in operation
- It has a one year warranty
- The product in itself is value for money
- This product may be very noisy which you might not be comfortable with
All of the features of this product are mind-blowing just like the rest of the products reviewed.
However, what may serve as a deterrent is the noise that emanates while it is in operation.
If you can still make use of it regardless, then you should place your order already.
Berkel Red Line 220 Food Slicer
Red in color, the Berkel Red Line 220 Food Slicer is an Electric food slicer with a 9” blade.
It is suitable for slicing prosciutto, meat, cold cuts, fish, bread, ham, cheese, veggies, fruits, etc., and has an adjustable thickness dial.
With its sharp blade, you are sure to have a uniform consistency from its usage. After use, it is easy to clean as it’s got dishwasher removable parts.
- Material: Stainless steel blade, aluminum alloy structure
- Color: Red
- Blade material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 19 x 20 x 15 inches
- Voltage: 115 V
- Weight: 48 pounds
- Its blade is sharp, accurate, and rust-resistant
- Very sturdy product
- It is easy to clean as it has dishwasher safe removable parts
- With its modern and elegant design, it could fit in for the home and professional use
- It has a built-in adjustable thickness dial, a blade sharpener as well as a blade guard for safe cleaning
- It is pretty much expensive compared to other products
The price tag of this product may discourage persons running a low budget.
However, the price only asserts that it is topnotch and is to be trusted. You’re only a few clicks away from placing your order for it.
Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Food Slicer
The Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Food Slicer for home use is a heavy-duty 130-watt motor that slices fresh meat, bacon inclusive, firm cheeses as well as bread right on your countertop – just like having your own deli; in essence, it is versatile.
It has premium coated steel and die-cast aluminum housing with nonslip feet for stable operation. It however has a limited 5-year motor warranty
- Material: Steel
- Colour: Gray
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 10.88 x 18.25 x 11.13 inches
- Cord length: 38 inches
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Wattage: 130 watts
- It has a removable 7.5” undulated stainless steel cutting blade
- It has an adjustable slice control knob
- Its features disassemble for easy clean up after use
- It is made of quality material
- It has a 5-year motor warranty
- This product is not loud at all
- Its nonslip feet ensure sturdiness and stability while in operation
- The price is on the high side.
One who purchases products from this brand (Cuisinart) will agree with me that their products are usually as described – fulfilling!
And this Kitchen Pro would not be an exception. Try it out! – see the link below.
CukAid Meat Slicer
This Electric Meat Slicer Blade is very ideal for all your meat slicing and cutting. CukAid used an advanced 7.5 inches’ stainless steel blade for the most efficient cutting, it’s very perfect for bacon.
Its blade is sharp is delivers clean and precise cuts for your food without stuck. This electric cutting machine is most rated by professionals.
An adjustable food slicer allows you to adjust the thickness of your slices.
It can be adjusted from 0.87 inches to 0.59 inches. Cukaid food slicer has the widest adjustable thickness range in the market.
This is ideal for your bacon as you can cut or slice to any desired thickness. Its design is safe and prevents the accident from unintended use with a recessed switch.
Its blade is removable and washable. Other accessories like food pusher, food carriage helps make your work easy and extra efficient.
- Adjustable thickness
- Advanced stainless steel
- Recessed safety switch
- Easy to clean
- Upgraded technology
- It comes with an adjustable slicer that cuts any food item to any size you desire.
- The blade is removable for efficient cleaning and hygiene purposes.
- An advanced technology transmission structure and gear drive that works seamlessly.
- The body is built with metal that is durable and long-lasting.
- Uniform and precise slices are achieved when you use this machine, cutting food items in an orderly manner.
- Accessories like food carriage, food stopper are machine washable.
- Its safety measures are advanced with suction pads that stick to surfaces and prevent skidding.
Tips for you to enjoy your meat slicer
For you to have a long-lasting Meat slicer as well as to enjoy what you’ve purchased – getting value for your money; Here are a few tips you should imbibe.
- Caring for your meat slicer, it is absolutely important to always keep your meat slicer clean. How is this to be achieved? You keep your meat slicer clean by simply following the manufacturer’s guide. To prevent the spread of bacteria, you may also wish to sanitize the meat slicer after each use as the regular cleaning of your slicer keeps it in good condition.
- Using basic sharpening tools, you could as well sharpen the blade of your slicer when necessary and when due (perhaps when it begins to go blunt).
- It is important to note that once it is time to clean your meat slicer after use, the meat slicer should be first unplugged. This is because as you clean, especially when you cleaning the blade, it is probable that it is accidentally turned on, thereby leaving you with serious injuries. You of course do not want that; hence, you should be wary!
- Turning attention to the noise which is usually produced when using appliances as such… A meat slicer can be very loud whilst in operation. However, some tend to be louder than others. For instance; a powerful model would make much more noise than a low-wattage product.
Final Words on Best Meat Slicers for Bacon
Knowing that people usually have other items to slice other than bacon or meats, I decided to select products that do more than just slicing meats – they all slice food generally. Versatility does it!
I hope you did find this article helpful. To purchase your choice of food slicer, all you need to do is click the link attached to it.
If you’ve got any comments to make, simply visit the comments section below, I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for reading.